Alignment after front end leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truck Guy

Reaction score
I have a 1990 C1500 extended cab 2WD Silverado. I put a leveling kit on the front, which was a 1” steel spacer on top of the front coil springs. This gave me approximately 2.5” of front end lift. Unfortunately, after that, the best caster I could get and still maintain close to 0 degrees camber, was about 0.6 degrees caster. The truck handled terribly. Someone on eBay sold me a non-refundable 2” spacer to place under the upper control arm and then mount the upper ball joint under the spacer. Well, the top of the front wheels stuck out way past the top of the fenders. We dumped the spacer and mounted the upper ball joint under the upper control arm instead of over the control arm. This gave me approximately 2 degrees of positive caster. I’d like to get about 4 degrees of positive caster. Has anyone else run into this?

Truck Guy

Reaction score
I need to ask: knockouts are out?
Have you looked into offset UCA bushings?
Yes, the knockouts have been removed. I have looked into offset upper control arm bushing but couldn’t find any for two wheel drive. Lots of stuff is available for 4WD, especially lifted 4WD.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like more tend to lift 4wd and lower 2wd.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, that’s what I’ve been finding. My plan at this point is to continue adding spacers, probably 1/4” at a time until I can correctly adjust caster and camber.
I thought there was a thread on here for lifted 2wd trucks.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here it is: