Finally got myself a Burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked these up from a 96 z71.
I'm
You must be registered for see images attach
gonna clean them up a little before install. I gotta go back for the 3rd one.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installed the 00 Tahoe z71 front bumper. Swapped out the air dam as mine wasnt damaged & had the hardware replaced last summer. Replaced the drivers fog as it had condensation in it. Layed out the fog light harness, installed the ground & added zip ties so it doesnt move. Just gotta get it in the cab now & wire it up.
Replaced the beep beep "excuse me" horns for the 1981 Caprice BEEP BEEP "MOVE *****, GET OUT OF THE WAY" horns. Took off the black grille & put in a color matched one. Still gotta put the parking lights back on.

I wanna clean up the chrome & the black overspray from the po, then install the 00 Tahoe z71 brushguard.

I know, I know the rig needs a bath.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This past Sunday, I swapped out the passenger airbag for a cubby that I got last summer from a 99 k3500. While the dash was loose, I cleaned out all the crap that was stuck between the dash & windshield from the po.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finished up the double din install. It's not my forever radio. It's just something that I had in the shed. I'll swap it out after the burban is road worthy. I used the Metra bezel kit.
Bye Bye to the tape deck.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Po had 3 diff keys to work the burban when I bought it.
I had previously replaced the door locks when I replaced the broken handles.
I finally got around to opening up the column to replace the ignition.
Now I have 3 sets of the same key. Nice not playing which key goes to which lock.

Side note, the ignition key no longer comes out of the ignition when in the on position.

Last edited:

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went shopping yesterday. Row52.com told me that a 98 c1500 was put out Saturday. With the truck being red, I knew that the interior was not blue. So I check it over for what I use or resell. light grey interior = excellent, but nothing that I can use = boo. I was really hoping for a dash. Underhood reel light = resell. underhood storage box = resell. temp sensor to go w/ the bi-line mirrors = resell. The ever elusive cowl panel = the big score of the weekend for me. Took me over 10min to get 1 screw out because the head was jacked up. I'm gonna get new screws before I install it. Next vehicle over was an early GMT800 w/ a bi-line mirror, thank you = resell. Several vehicles over was a black 98 k1500 w/ red interior. From that truck I got another underhood Reel light & storage box for resell along w/ the HVAC controller w/ a 2017 date on it, also for resell. Couple of rows over is a 99 k1500 Suburban w/ lt grey interior. I grabbed LR dr panel for myself. dash is cracked = boo. I was also able to grab the purple wire w/ a good length for the blower motor. The po damaged mine when he replaced the blower motor. In the cargo area, the carpet was cut in the shape of a large square, so I pulled it up. The floor was cut to do the fuel pump. I cant stand hack jobs like this. But it worked in my favor, brand new looking fuel pump to resell.

Last edited:

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After a couple days of rain, I got back to it.
Replaced the blower motor purple wire pigtail w/ the one I got from the j/y this past Sunday.
Also replaced the block off plug on the radiator.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also started taking apart the LR door panel in preperation of installing the new to me one that I got this past Sunday. Went to test the lock actuator to see if I can determine my power lock issue, come to find out that the actuator wasn't attached to the door. So I completely removed it & I'll test it tomorrow.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapped out my new to me Tahoe z71 rims. Still need to be cleaned up.

Went from 245/75r16 to 285/75r16.
Look @ how much nicer it fills the wheelwell.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cleaned up the front bumper of overspray from the po repainting the brushguard.