Finally got myself a Burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
finally got around to installing the 2nd row roof wood trim that I got a couple of weeks ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Chevy Truck Legends round 2 came in today.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so between it raining practically everyday for 6weeks, life, scouts (my oldest just got the rank of 1st class & just finished his 52nd merit badge out of 138, while my youngest just Tenderfoot & just completed badge #35), side projects, my projects, i'm finally able to get back to the burban for a little bit.

we got back late on 5/26 from camping w/ the scouts @ Mt. Monadnock in Dublin, NH. 10mi round trip hike up the mountain. I got an alert from Row52 that the yard that frequent just got in a 99 burban, so I went straight there after dropping the kids off & emptying the car out. the burban was still complete, had the correct color interior, but was short on time due to it being the end of the day. so I only grabbed the overhead console & harness.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This past week I picked @ some needed to be done eyesores. Replaced both front door exterior door handles as they were both broken, put in used GM units. Replaced all 3 door locks, it's an ocd thing. the po couldn't make up his mind if there was 1 or 2 keys, he gave me 2 & I found a 3rd in a hide-a-key. lubed up the window & rod tracks, washed the water shields (again ocd), cleaned out any crap sitting inside the doors. tested the lock actuators individually in each of the front doors, seem to work perfectly. so i'll have to keep looking into lock issues. swapped out the grey inner handles for the chrome version off of a Yukon Denali, retained my light grey plastics, washed the inner door handle assemblies while I had them out. they work so much better.
When I took off the LF door panel (instead of replacing a couple of broken clips, the po put 2 screws through the door panel & into the door, dumbass) I noticed that half of the screws & clips that hold the window regulator card to the door were missing, so I added that to the shopping list.

Reaction score
I ordered a bag of those door retainer clips off amazon a few years ago. 250 for like $10. Thought it was a bit excessive at the time. A few years and trucks later and I'm almost out...
nice find on the overhead console. Is the fold down screen an aftermarket item?

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this past weekend we went back to NH w/ the Boy Scouts, this time Clark's Trading Post in Lincoln, NH. The boys each earned an additional 2 merit badges. Hit up the j/y again on Sunday to see what I could get that the vultures didn't ruin.

so here is my haul: LF outer door handle (someone spent the time taking it out, reinstalled the screws into it & didn't take it), didn't need it but thank you. 2nd row mats, mine have paint on them, I think these will clean up easier. 3rd row mat, I don't have one & this one looks like it'll clean up. jack & rod assemblies, look unused & still has the jacking instructions on the box, my instructions are missing along w/ the hold down, my jack & rods have def been used. A dirty RR door panel, looks like it'll clean up, didn't notice any defects, to replace the one that the op got paint all over. R d-pillar lower trim to replace my cracked one, not sure if it is the same between the barn door & hatch models, guess i'll find out once mine is off. Grabbed the jack cover as it didn't look too bad & I couldn't remember the condition of mine. Lastly, I grabbed the harness from the RF door as I was able to test it, maybe it'll it fix my issue?

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered a bag of those door retainer clips off amazon a few years ago. 250 for like $10. Thought it was a bit excessive at the time. A few years and trucks later and I'm almost out...
nice find on the overhead console. Is the fold down screen an aftermarket item?

$10 for 250 is not terrible. I get mine free from the j/y. I have a sandwich bag of each half of the clip.

thanks. yes, the screen is aft mkt. its a custom built ohc. the frame is part factory part aft mkt, in the screen area you can see how it bumps out a bit. I always grab oddball stuff like that when it is not damaged, just because its harder to come by.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
As I've said before, I do a full tune up on everything I buy unless the po can prove when it was last done. This tune-up is being piece mealed because of time & weather constraints. I have having open projects, but it happens, so I do my best to avoid them.

So far we have a burban w/ a 158k mi, supposedly the original drivetrain. no codes & ran good when I bought it. I replaced the plugs w/ AC Delco Rapidfires, which is what was in there. Promptly afterwards the check engine come on & I have a p0300 code. I double check everything, everything is correct/I didn't forget anything. So I figured that it was one of the spark plug wires, it must've been on its way out & I disturbed it. Not a biggie, I already bought wires & will do when I had time. Got time, replaced the wires. No change. Doubled checked the firing order, I couldn't have screwed it up, I only did one @ a time. Oh well, next up is the cap & rotor.

Did the cap & rotor yesterday afternoon.

old rotor, duh

Don't know about you, but I think it's junk.

Even says Delco Remy on it. Quite possibly the original
Yes I've seen some like that on my trucks. The only company that I know of that makes caps with brass terminals besides Standard/Blue Streak is Accel. My local O'Reilly auto parts store has the rotor in Blue Streak but doesn't stock the cap. They did have the Accel though so that's what I installed. It's not cheap but it has lasted well.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Your truck is coming along nicely, wish I could get to the pick a part not too far from me and see what goodies they have. It'd be interesting to know how many Burbs in 99 were painted in platinum or autumnwood mist (same color, just different names from GMC and Chevy). Both of mine are that color, also have a friend who had a Burb and a 2dr Tahoe Scottsdale to match. He had 4L60 issues with both and sent them to other family members.