Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I second crutchfield. Though one time I had an issue with a Kenwood head unit with some parasitic draw and they wouldn’t warranty it for some reason. I was younger then and didn’t push back, just pushed over. I avoid Amazon like the plague for audio parts. Amazon - remember when it wasn’t American Temu?

I know very little about car audio but crutchfield’s videos have been a big help when deciding on products that fit my needs.
Ya they have been around a long time, I've used them for inflammation a bunch of times to see what fits where. If the shop in town doesn't have for what I'm willing to pay, definitely hitting cruchfield up. 2-3 day shipping to my area, that's not too bad and id anything goes wrong, a LOT better chance of getting help from them instead of dik rocket.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My experience with Crutchfield has been good. It's where I've purchased most of my audio gear over the years. Their retail pricing is a bit higher, but often they have stuff on sale, which makes it comparable or even cheaper than other sources. Their sales support (helping decide what to buy) and tech support after the sale are both pretty good, and worth paying a bit more for, imho.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've done a lot with Crutchfield too. I like the fact that they will throw in some of the installation accessories, too.

The only time I use Amazon is if I know exactly what I want and/or I need something in a rush. Their return policy is pretty hard to beat, though.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, went to the local electronics bodega, what a bust. Empty soundboards and a few demo amps for sale along with some very expensive double din head units. Would love one of them, but I'm not cutting my dash up.
So probably start cruising Cruchfield later today.

Decided it's probably not a bad idea to finally change the oil. Been an embarrassingly looooooooooooooooong time since that's been done. Pretty uneventful, except......and there seems to ALWAYS be an except with me!!! Lol
Went to grab my roll of blue ship rags and pair of monkey grip gloves. One pair left, bought them at Xmas, maybe used a couple of pairs.
No shop rags to be found.
So evidently woman uses my expensive gloves when cleaning the bunny cage and cat litter.
And she ran out of paper towels one day too.
Sigh!

When I was getting my oil stuff asked if they had any rag joints available. Nope, they don't carry any that fit my truck apparently.
Down the road they only carry the complete joint for $180.....nope. So gonna have to track one down online.

As I was underneath changing the dino-juice I saw my O2 sensor there, ding! I should probably change that out.
Two phone calls and one trip to a parts store who wouldn't answer their phone a d one will be here Tuesday, pick it up next Saturday.
I asked what one he was bringing in, it was a Bosch, I nixed that and went with the Delphi as I've seen in here the Bosch's don't play nice.

Decided that I'm going to need my motorcycle jack to help with doing my door pins soon. And as some may remember, he sacrificed his life during the rear flip kit install.
Head down to the local farm supply store that carries the same brand to grab some jack oil and then I was gonna take it apt, see what o-ring is leaking.
$18 a bottle for not very much oil, so I grabbed two, just in case. As I walked down the isle, I see the same little 2-ton bottle jack as my bike , $30. DING!
Bottles back and jack in hand. Then gloves for me, gloves for woman so she doesn't touch mine, 4 rolls of shop towels and 2 for $10 cans of brake clean later, I'm out.
Plan is to change the jack today or tomorrow, and next week take the old leaking one back, and grab another new one and put it on the shelf for when the new one eventually leaks. Don't hate on me for doing it, but it's the first time I've done something like that. And who knows, I may not.
You must be registered for see images attach

So ya.....all caught up with the tales of woe! Lol

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe consider a Jeep steering shaft upgrade rather than mess with another rag joint...I've done this on two of my trucks, easy peasy upgrade.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe consider a Jeep steering shaft upgrade rather than mess with another rag joint...I've done this on two of my trucks, easy peasy upgrade.
Ya, I mentioned that at the one store and the kid looked at me like I had 3 eyes! Lol
May go that route. Thanks for the reminder.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grabbed a universal rag joint repair kit, probably marketed for a 70’s model something or other, from a green parts house about 6 years ago. Drilled and ground the rivets out of mine and replaced them with bolts. The kit came with the rubber/fiber/leather donut thing and the weird looking half round washer dealios.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@GrimsterGMC , I thought you would enjoy the resurrection of little red, you seamed pretty distraught when I broke the news!!! Lol

And a side note, told woman my plan to return the old one, that didn't go well!!!! Lol
She said I'm better than that and she's right, but don't tell her that!!! Lol

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@GrimsterGMC , I thought you would enjoy the resurrection of little red, you seamed pretty distraught when I broke the news!!! Lol

And a side note, told woman my plan to return the old one, that didn't go well!!!! Lol
She said I'm better than that and she's right, but don't tell her that!!! Lol
Mate, your a legend.