Finally pulled the trigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bridgerat

Reaction score
Hi all. Newbie here.
Just picked up a 1990 Sierra C1500.
Been looking for a while. I was looking to replace a 1985 Chevy C20 I sold long ago. I love long beds and they’re much harder to find these days than the short beds.
Odometer says 33k. I saw it on the lift state inspection and underneath makes me believe it may be accurate.
First up is gonna be rims and tires. I wanna keep the 15s with black steel wheels. I remember I used to put body matched steelies, like the ARE bajas on my trucks with BFG 285/70-15s on them. I like the big sidewall for the ride. Not sure what size I’m going with now with limited availability and cost of those vintage style BFGs.

Attachments

• A966F4B5-7704-42DD-979B-00D2D37D8119.jpeg
    A966F4B5-7704-42DD-979B-00D2D37D8119.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 23

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Newbie here.
Just picked up a 1990 Sierra C1500.
Been looking for a while. I was looking to replace a 1985 Chevy C20 I sold long ago. I love long beds and they’re much harder to find these days than the short beds.
Odometer says 33k. I saw it on the lift state inspection and underneath makes me believe it may be accurate.
First up is gonna be rims and tires. I wanna keep the 15s with black steel wheels. I remember I used to put body matched steelies, like the ARE bajas on my trucks with BFG 285/70-15s on them. I like the big sidewall for the ride. Not sure what size I’m going with now with limited availability and cost of those vintage style BFGs.

Greetings Bridgerat,

NICE ride! Sounds like we share the same perspective on long bed trucks.
Who knew that 34 years after your truck was built one of the easiest ways
to stand out from the crowd was to drive a *long bed* pickup? It used to
be the exact opposite! :0)

Anyway, if you get a chance here's a pic of my own RCLB chore truck. (LINK)
I'm sharing this because of your comment about body matched steelies.

Welcome to the GMT400 forum, I think you will enjoy all the like-minded
helpful folks in here.

Cheers --

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup! I feel like when i share pics of my project the guys and gals in Texas as shocked at the rust. But when I bring it to a shop in Edmonton they are happy it isn’t a rust bucket. It’s all in perspective. I’ve worked hard to keep my 2012 truck from getting rusty including buying an extra truck to drive during winter when possible because the chemicals they put on the road are worse than salt.

Bridgerat

Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
That's a dang clean rig!!! Wow.
Hard to believe long boxes are harder to find than shorties. Must definitely be a regional thing.
Thanks.
Here in NY and most of the Northeast my experience has been that the long beds were always work trucks which led them to used and abused.
Short beds were used as cruisers and taken care of.

Bridgerat

Reaction score
Greetings Bridgerat,

NICE ride! Sounds like we share the same perspective on long bed trucks.
Who knew that 34 years after your truck was built one of the easiest ways
to stand out from the crowd was to drive a *long bed* pickup? It used to
be the exact opposite! :0)

Anyway, if you get a chance here's a pic of my own RCLB chore truck. (LINK)
I'm sharing this because of your comment about body matched steelies.

Welcome to the GMT400 forum, I think you will enjoy all the like-minded
helpful folks in here.

Cheers --
Wow!
Your truck is beautiful! Love the wheels! Reminds me a lot of my 85 C20 (my last build). Mine was navy blue too.
What size are rims and tires are on it?

Last edited: