Finally Joining the Forums!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Low Country

Reaction score
Having stalked the forums numerous times, I felt I should finally make an account and become an active (or semi-active) member. Roughly a year ago I bought a 1990 C1500 from a guy about an hour away for 1800$. After ******* it a while down dirt roads and destroying my rear brakes from donuts. After a couple months I started to baby it and actually take care of the truck, and had the idea to build matching trucks with my buddy (as far as a Chevy and ford can match) both in terms of looks and power output. Eventually I would like to restore it after I get the money saved up for it.

The truck was in pretty bad shape before i got it, there's a bullet hole in one door, the other is dented up, the bed has a giant dent in it. The previous owners ripped out the radio harness and attempted to put in a pioneer radio where the cassette/CD player was. We've replaced the spring in my throttle body, fixed my rear end wiring, replaced u-bolts, found out my o2 sensor on my exhaust manifold is snapped off and the truck has a bad stalling issue that only typically happens when i put the truck in reverse. It will stutter and i have to give it a little more gas to prevent the stalling issue. It also stutters in drive but hardly never stalls in gear. And they replaced the fuel pump, but I assume they broke something with the connector and so their solution was to wire the ground straight to the battery. It works I guess.

Eventually I'd like to swap in a 383 Stroker and 4L80E with 4wd. Other than that the rest of what I'm gonna do with the truck while I restore it is still up in the air.