Finally got myself a Burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Your truck is coming along nicely, wish I could get to the pick a part not too far from me and see what goodies they have. It'd be interesting to know how many Burbs in 99 were painted in platinum or autumnwood mist (same color, just different names from GMC and Chevy). Both of mine are that color, also have a friend who had a Burb and a 2dr Tahoe Scottsdale to match. He had 4L60 issues with both and sent them to other family members.
They were both the platinum color, and I just remembered that I had a good friend who lived in west Texas, a professional musician who played all over the state, and he had a truck just like yours. He needed the 4wd, outing Alpine and Marfa they actually have winter as opposed to Houston where it just gets cold. Although the last couple days have been in the 70s, it'll be cool again in a couple days

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
replaced the broken hood release handle & washed the kick panel while I had it out. Looks so much better now.

You must be registered for see images attach

for some reason the pics rotated while being loaded, dunno what happened
Yes, l think the hood release is a weak link on these, both of mine broke right after l got the truck. I just put another screw in it, in a better mounting point, still works great

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
don't know how the po managed to damage the barn door? but anyways, I banged it back in so that it would look a little better, then replaced the broken latch. Even the SUV's in the j/y w/ broken latches didn't have door damage, so I don't know.

Don't know how it is in your area, but in greater Houston, Texas it's rare to see a Burb, Tahoe, or Yukon without any rear door or gate damage. They're so hard to see out of and little cars always want to get up your backside. That or posts/fences in parking lots

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Since you've had your truck doors apart, maybe you can help me diagnose this problem with my truck. Couple days ago the back door lock will turn to the left to manually lock the doors, but it won't go to the right to unlock them. Works fine with the power locks. I sprayed the lock and latch with appropriate lubrication. Thanks in advance, love the way your truck is looking!

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since you've had your truck doors apart, maybe you can help me diagnose this problem with my truck. Couple days ago the back door lock will turn to the left to manually lock the doors, but it won't go to the right to unlock them. Works fine with the power locks. I sprayed the lock and latch with appropriate lubrication. Thanks in advance, love the way your truck is looking!

Mine was sorta like that before & after the handle swap, except mine is stiff to unlock & like butter to lock. once its warmer, I'll be taking that door apart to examine it better. Either way, my power locks still do not work correctly. I've gathered parts from know working vehicles, so I'm just waiting on the weather.

Thanks, it takes time.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Mine was sorta like that before & after the handle swap, except mine is stiff to unlock & like butter to lock. once its warmer, I'll be taking that door apart to examine it better. Either way, my power locks still do not work correctly. I've gathered parts from know working vehicles, so I'm just waiting on the weather.

Thanks, it takes time.
Yes it does. My truck has a bunch of little problems that don't keep it from running, but are annoying to deal with. I live in a trailer park and they kinda frown on people working on their cars on the property. The shop building where I used to live doesn't have electricity, so no light, air compressor or power tools. So there's a few things that are going to wait until nicer weather and longer days. In Houston it can't make up its mind whether it's February or April; right now it's feeling like February but the sun is out today. Anyway, thanks again for your help

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These are the pics of the parts that I just purchased. These pics are directly from the ad. They came off of a 2000 Tahoe z71. I bought the color matched grille, front bumper w/ the fogs & harness cut @ the firewall, the push bar, & the 4 rims. 1 rim is damaged, but I grabbed it anyways. Just gotta locate a replacement now.