Finally got myself a Burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good those ac vent look nasty. You don't have an ac knob in the back for the people back there to adjust the fan speed. I forgot that one the first time I ordered mine.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good those ac vent look nasty. You don't have an ac knob in the back for the people back there to adjust the fan speed. I forgot that one the first time I ordered mine.

Thanks. Yes they were nasty.

Yes, mine does have a rear climate controller. I did do the Express knobs in the rear. I ordered 10 knobs @ once.

The only knob that I have left to do is the headlight switch which is why I picked up a spare.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was given a couple of illustrations (from east302 thanks again) of how the spark plug wires were laced on the Vortec 5.7L in thoughts that maybe the way mine were laced was the cause of the misfire. Only 2 of my wires were laced differently, so I relaced those 2 & surprisingly, the burban ran better. I cleared the codes, restarted the burban & let it run for 10min., code never reappeared (before it was reappearing w/in a minute). Over in the live data section of the scanner, it shows a cylinder 7 misfire.

You must be registered for see images attach

im gonna start w/ swapping plug #7 for another plug to see if the misfire changes location to determine if the plug is defective or not.

cylinder might be a little lazy from sitting the past year too.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that loose ground strap you had goes to the firewall right above the frame rail. I like the new tails, that burb’s looking good.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that loose ground strap you had goes to the firewall right above the frame rail. I like the new tails, that burb’s looking good.

when I was @ the j/y, I looked @ the same strap on a 98 model went to the back of the passenger head. So that is where I attached it.

thanks

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there were no markings on these lights, so I don't know the brand for 100% sure. I did find several places selling lights that looked like these, but the module on the backside was shaped different.

This is the 1st place that I found that the exact same module on the back.

all of the other units that I found were in the $150-180 range.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replaced the reverse bulbs w/ some Sylvania Zevo LEDs. Now the taillights are 100% led.

Led vs regular bulb

Both LEDs

Now the taillights are 100% led

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replaced my neighbor's dashpad. Got it for $10, just needs to be cleaned. He's a smoker, so it'll be his job to clean it if he so desires. If he didn't smoke, then I would've cleaned it 1st. just getting rid of the cracked one is a vast improvement