Electronic Caveman!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it uses an NBO2. There is a way to tune with a WBO2 by setting it up so you can see it in your data log, then tune manually, not like the EBL.

Yes. You can get an Emulator installed to tune/modify your .bin real time.
So if I install the Emulator I can read and change on the fly?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems these PCM's were used for the 4L60E and 4L80E tranny's,will I be able to use it for the 4L60/700R4 or the NV3500 if I decide to go that way?
Yes, there are .bins available for those too.

So if I install the Emulator I can read and change on the fly?
Yes, if you can find one, they're around for sale. Since Moates went dark there aren't too many choices around. Here's a new site that's taking on the challenges of producing these.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about that emulator. I'm not coordinated enough to even talk on the phone while driving,don't think I need to be playing with a computer and driving the truck too. I think datalogging would be better for my dumb ass. Come back to the house,see what it did and change what I think would make it better,more efficient.
The WB02 needs a controller?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is what I have on mine. I don't need a gauge since I can see AFR on my WUD (What's Up Display) with the EBL.

Does that wire into the ECM? My thought is using a WB02 connected to the ECM would make faster,more accurate STerm fuel corrections.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does that wire into the ECM? My thought is using a WB02 connected to the ECM would make faster,more accurate STerm fuel corrections.
It does with the EBL. I can run "Learn VE" with it instead of the NBO2. You have to do it manually on the 7427 or 7747. They aren't equipped to "read" the 0-5V signal, just the 0-1V NBO2.

Edit: I also run normally with the WBO2 in CL too.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised someone hasn't made a convertor to change the 0-5V signal to a 0-1V signal that the ECM could read. Think it could be as simple as a resistor?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised someone hasn't made a convertor to change the 0-5V signal to a 0-1V signal that the ECM could read. Think it could be as simple as a resistor?
The problem is, the NBO2 is primarily just a switch. When your exhaust goes above Stoich (>.450V) the ECM thinks your AFR is rich and tries to lean out the mixture, and visa versa. With the WBO2 you're targeting Lambda, not lean/rich. 0v = 7.35, 5v = 22.39 AFR (the opposite of the NBO2 - the higher the voltage, the leaner it is) on the one I posted. So, as an example, I wanna got 16.5 AFR when driving Lean Cruise. With the WBO2, I know when it's there. With the NBO2 I'm guessing. When in Closed Loop, my cAFR will level off quicker with the WBO2 while INT/BLM can take a while before getting close.

As an example, I have my target AFR set to 14.5. On the right side, note cAFR: and WB: apposed to INT/BLM. IIRC it took about 15 minutes for INT/BLM to level off running in Closed Loop. It shouldn't take that long. Evidently my VE tables weren't dialed in yet.
You must be registered for see images attach

In PE (Performance Enhancement), based on TPS Position, I target 12.3 - 13.3 AFR depending on RPMs and the ECM will shoot for it immediately. Without the WBO2 you pretty much have to rely on your VE tables.

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you're using your WB02 to monitor your AFR and your ECM is making corrections off the NB02 signal?
Not with the EBL, it uses the WBO2 as a primary. With the 7747 and 7427 you'll use it to monitor.

I really don't need the NBO2 but, since I have it, some day I'll probably pull the WBO2 and use it somewhere else.