East Coast 2000 K2500 has rust on front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
only rust I see is the break shield. Think you need a new mechanic.

Agreed.

For a mechanic to use the term “frame falling apart” is not very professional. They should have been very specific when pointing out any deficiencies.

Maybe some of our Northern members can post what rust really looks like, but I would think that a rusted frame that is “falling apart” would have accompanying body panels “falling apart” as well.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New joints, new hoses, new lines, your set agree with everybody. Your frame solid . I also recommend coating the frame before you pass it down. Ask one of the guys proper way to do it lol. Oh and just me or does it look like he still has the original wax lol???

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ha! On the west coast that is extreme rust. In the Midwest that's a creampuff.
I think you got wrench turning lawyers covering ass.
I would pressure wash the heck out of it, chip hammer and wire wheel it replace the dust shields and rustoleum the rest.
And drive it for about the next twenty years.
That's a pretty cool truck!

DavidAlan

Reaction score
I live in the frozen tundra ,and what see on those pics,you need a new mechanic,I been working on chevies b4 most of you were born,that truck here would sell around 20k or so,I drive what we call rust buckets,as long as my frame is good,am happy,lots of rusted frames here,and I drive a old 92,what I see it your a target for scam,if want it to be nice where your at,take to Z Bart ,have then do a under coating and be done with it.

David89gmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Northern California Sierras (God's Country)
Typical California mechanic. No ethics, unprofessional and foolish. Dealers are even worse. Very difficult to find a good mechanic, but they do exist. Don't go back to this one.
On the other hand, if you think the truck is unsafe, I'll take it off your hands. Just kidding, that truck will last a lifetime, enjoy it!