East Coast 2000 K2500 has rust on front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000k2500

Reaction score
Need a little help. I just purchased at auction a 2000 K2500 with 454 and 75k. Running lights. Need it for ranch truck and pull horses once a month. Also, to look cool but my wife and eventually my son will drive it from time to time.

Had it shipped from east coast last week. Took it to GM dealer for inspection - they said salt and corrosion on front end. Second opinion confirmed it.

Paid 10k for it and will put money in to make it safe. Wondering if anyone had a similar issue and what the fix was.

And, if a lift might be part of the solution.

Priority is safety. Photo from auction below.
You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont see a lift helping. I would replace the front end though. Also got any pics of this? Surface rust one thing but holes and titanic features is another. Also look at all the bushings and rubber components for dry rot and play.

2000k2500

Reaction score
Here are some pics and I’ll post the notes from the dealer mechanic.

Thank you - by the way.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
frame falling apart? Unless you can point to soft spots, I think you're California mechanic has never seen a vehicle from the rest of the country.

Check the frame in the area right in front of the firewall, and then right in front of the lower control arms behind the bumper..... my truck is getting soft on the driver's side in front of the control arm.

I'm guessing this is a little used municipal truck. They can go for big money compared to regular used trucks on the market. I was eying one here, but I knew I wouldn't be able to afford it, since I don't really need it...... I think it went for 12K.