Dual purpose crap hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
only good part of C4C was after the dust settled, there were lots of obs in teh jnkyards with lots of good usable parts cheap.

I ordered the 22-797 spring this morning, i'll report when they come in. I also might go with a DYI4x4 stock height shackle, was talking to a friend today and we were discussing if the stock shackle, when flipped, would it be able to support loads with out allowing some lateral deflection. They are pretty thin and flimsy, I might just do it and be done with it.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I was up in northern maine working all week, came home and my 5/1 springs came at some point.

I am very please with the purchasing experience, but I noticed that the springs do not have friction pads between the leaves.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, we're gona spend most of the weekend over at the shop finishing up that jeep. Once it gets done, my truck will occupy that space for the fabbing.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is my jeep, this pic was taken with the old 36", it now has 40's, but it has not been taken out of the garage yet this year. I need to put new rear springs in it, bent both last fall at the "fall crawl" event, but I am focusing all my money to the pickup.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a couple projects we've been working on.
This was a CJ5 that the owner stretched to CJ6 specs, D60 front, D70 rear, AMC 401 TF727, and a 3.8 Atlas, 39" pitbulls. Chuck, the owner did all the work you see here, but does not have a bender or bend-tech pro, so we built his roll cage for him.

You must be registered for see images

Attachments

• DSCN3145.jpg
    DSCN3145.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 0

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
starting to take shape. I changed to a green shirt, it was hot and humid, and i sweat a lot

laying it out to get measurements for bend-tech

getting close to the end

finished product minus seat mounts and frame tie in's

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another project that took us about a year to finish, we took this MJ that Tim, the owner (also in the pics above helping with the CJ cage) built. Stroked 4.6L AW4 with manual valve body, np231, D60 front, 14 bolt rear 42 iroks

I let the jeep have it with the sawzall

In the end, after a year, it looked like this, 4 link rear, 3 link front, 203/205 doubler, same motor and trans as before.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited: