Dual purpose crap hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I suck at taking pics...

last couple days I was able to hop on and off my project between other peoples rigs. The jeep that is currently occupying the shop space my will need should be gone this weekend. just need to finish some plumbing and Bye Bye. I was able to get my axles stripped, new ball joints, new u-joints, new bearings races and brakes all dones and ready to get put on. Also got my temporary tires and rims mounted and balanced. Not bad, in total, $350 for 5 rims and tires (4 pictures.) I should be able to get a couple months out of these while trying to dial in the front end, then I'll buy something new.
You must be registered for see images attach

I also picked up a set of 4" DIY4x4 shackles and some other small odd parts like stub shaft seal and seal seat. I'll up date as I go.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also got to shake down a rig we recently finished. We SOA the front and 4 linked the rear. here is a quick vid, I'm the passenger. Later in the day I ended up flopping it pretty hard resulting in 1 broken leaf spring, 1 bent leaf spring and a failed fuel pump relay.

you can see the drivers side is a bit more trashed in this pic than in the video, thank god the owner is a really good friend.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As I stated a number of times, I suck at taking pics. not because I can't use a camera, but rather I simply get into the work and forget.

Truck was brought over to the shop last week. So far I have the rear completely stripped out, just need to knock off the rear shackle hanger then the rear goes back together.

Here are some pics.

Pile of parts waiting to get installed. I usually like to fab my parts to fit my application, but since this is my Daily driver and time is more of a concern than saving money, I bought pretty much all the brackets from ORD, Ruff Stuff, Ballistic, WFO etc..

and Link material, 1.75 .120 wall DOM links will sleave over 1.5 .25 wall DOM. A little over kil for a daily driver and occasional beach cruiser, but why not, I had all the tube anyways.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unfortunately I am up near Canada in Craftbury Common Vermont till thursday, should get back to work on it then, I will snap more updated pics.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Arrr! You need to get back ASAP and get the old girl going! I'm loving the build.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple updates.

Rear is out, rear spring hangers are off, new ORD shackle flip and DIY4x4 shackles are on with the 1 ton springs. Got the D60 in, centered and pinion angle set. I though that I could use the stock shocks at full extension to mock up the mounts, but the shocks are not long enough at compression, so I am waiting for new shocks to come in. Once I get the Shock mounts tacked up, figure out the mount for the rear brake line and vent, I'll pull it out, complete stripping, finish welding, and paint it up.

I took some pics, they suck, but better than nothing.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh ya, pics

One spring came out with out fuss, the other side fought me till the bitter end, but I eventually got it out.

Punching out the rear hangers.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The U-bolts are from local company, Palmer Spring in Woburn Ma.
Perches and plates are from Ruff Stuff, I will be using the outer holes for the center pin, move the axle back about 1.25 inches to re-center the tires in the wheel well after the shackle flip.

Springs in

No weight on the shackle

I like the shackle angle, this is with about 60% of the vehicle weight on the springs.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Perches tacked in

just because I can, 42" irok sticky, vehicle it sitting on the rear drums, I think they will fit.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The updates look great! She's coming along nicely.