Dual purpose crap hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple more pics.

welded up the rear, plumbed the brake lines.

Tossed some paint and a summit racing diff cover.

You must be registered for see images attach

I ordered shocks, not sure how long it will take for them to get here. Generally 4wd Hardware ships faster, but oh-well. Went with 5100 series bilsteins for the rear.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I'm loving this build.

Try getting the toes of your wells to tie in a little bit more. It will make the weld much stronger.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then threw the axle under the truck

Tossed on a set of 35" rollers. I purchased a fluted router bit to machine out the center of my H2 rims, went to load up the router and realized that I bought a bit with a 3/8 shank, my little home owner ryobi router only accepts a 1/4 shank. I need to return the bit and get the other one with a smaller shank.

I measured the rear with stock 32's I had a height of 34.75". With the 35" rollers with low air pressure I am at 41.75 to the bottom of the fender.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then I decided to start tearing the front out. got about this far and ran out of gas. just need to cut out the torsion bar and then i'll start tearing out the drivers side

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm loving this build.

Try getting the toes of your wells to tie in a little bit more. It will make the weld much stronger.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Thanks, the welds are more than fine, I was a professional welder and machinists for 10 years. I appreciate the feedback, the pic looks like the field is undercutting the material, but that is just the pic

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I finally got my lazy ass around to opening up the rims. I used the router method. I did all four rims in only a couple minutes.

I think they look good.

After over a week and a half wait, finially got my rear shocks from 4 wheel parts earlier this week. Running Bilstein 5100 series in the rear.

Also got the front torn down pretty well. I ended up just cutting the torsion bars, way quicker than trying to smash them out with a hammer.

Just need to pull the front diff out, the steering center link and the rear torsion bar cross member then I will start cutting off the mounts. then start putting it together.

One sad note. When I bought the axles, I noted that the Diff tag stated 4.11 gears on teh rear, there was no front tag. When I was re-building the axles, I did the front first and opened the diff up and saw 4.11 gears (I forget the numbers.) When I finially got to the rear, I did not pay attention to the gears because I had the diff tag. When I went to put that shiney diff cover on, the ring gear just happen to catch my eye...

46 13...
the rear has 3.54 gears. WTF. so I have to order new gears, I might go up to 37's and regear both axles to 4.56. Kinda on the fence, I will let the money dictate what I do. For now, I will leave them where they are because they looked to be in real good shape.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I love it. I can honestly say that this is the one thread on this site that I get a huge grin on my face every like it's christmas morning every time you make an update.

I just can't wait to see the front end come together.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Guys.

Unfortunately two sick kids and a wife also under the weather has occupied a lot of my time the past week so I have not been able to get over to the shop, I am going to head over tinight, finish tearing down the front and hopefully fire up the torch and get cutting. I have half a sheet of 3/16 left over from a jeep project so I will be plating the front frame rails, not so much for the SAS but rather for the cummins added weight.

I probably won't take pics unless they are requested for the rest of the tear down. I am temped to toss the axle under the front for the photo op