Dually Hauler from Dallas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I tried to install my airdam this weekend.
But, the front tow hooks are too close to the bumper to allow the airdam to fit around them.

It looks like the 2WD 3/4 and 1-ton frames are different and have a slant at the front. The tow hooks mount on that slant and pinch off any room for the airdam. Looks like I'll have to delete the tow hooks and get a fresh airdam.
Yeah my one ton crew cab has that slant to the front frame horns too. Glad to know other trucks have that; I just figured it got run into a ditch or something.
You can kinda see it in this picture, and the brush guard makes it close too since the uprights are lined up on the bumper bolts.....

Attachments

• IMG_20230401_080715369_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230401_080715369_HDR.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 15

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I didn't know 2wd got tow hooks?
Option V76, I just looked at the VIN number report. This was a gentleman farmer's truck originally, so I figure he ordered what he thought he would need. Has Silverado trim, power windows and locks, but manual seats.

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Offroad Designs covers the difference in the frames. Their solid axle swap kits have a crossmember that bolts across the front of the frame to hold a pair of leaf spring shackle mounts. It works right with all the "straight" frames, which is apparently every frame except the 2500 and 3500 2WD trucks. They recommend carving up the frame to work with their kit.
Click on the text "What modifications need to be done to 2WD 2500 and 3500 frames?" to expand the section and see the pics.

I'm not going to carve up the frame to keep the tow hooks. I'll ditch the tow hooks and install an airdam with only fog light holes. I'll have a pair of tow hooks and airdam for sale soon.

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks. Guess I'll have to make up a spacer or something because I want tow hooks an fog lights dang it

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, yesterday didn't make me happy. Got to the truck for the commute and found this on the outside of the truck:

You must be registered for see images attach

And this on the inside:

Filed a police case, just to get a case number.
I've got insurance that covers "vandalism", but they're going to screw me on this.
They might have been successful with the theft except that I had the battery out to do the Big-3 wiring upgrade.

So now I'm looking for a green drivers door in good shape with all the linkage, and a steering column cover in perfect shape.

I had -just- replaced all the lock cylinders to get the truck on a single key. I'll buy another set from the same shop. And I have a new set of metal door handles in the stash waiting to replace the faded and cracked handles.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Sorry to see this....glad I'm in a "gated community" or this probably would happen to me too. We had our '84 square body Burb stolen, labor day 2005, all the left was a little pile of glass that used to be the vent window. That's what got us into 400s. We could've gotten another square Burb cheap, but they were all projects. Hurricane season on the Gulf Coast, we needed something that was reliable. So we got the first '99 Burb.
I have the column cover set at the shop building, but I don't think it's in perfect shape. I'm going to a wrecking yard today, and I will see if I can find anything.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oof, scary deal. I feel lucky where we're at, but I keep both trucks parked back where someone couldn't get into them without being seen. Having cameras around helps a ton too.
Hate to see the damage but at least you've still got the truck.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, yesterday didn't make me happy. Got to the truck for the commute and found this on the outside of the truck:

And this on the inside:

Filed a police case, just to get a case number.
I've got insurance that covers "vandalism", but they're going to screw me on this.
They might have been successful with the theft except that I had the battery out to do the Big-3 wiring upgrade.

So now I'm looking for a green drivers door in good shape with all the linkage, and a steering column cover in perfect shape.

I had -just- replaced all the lock cylinders to get the truck on a single key. I'll buy another set from the same shop. And I have a new set of metal door handles in the stash waiting to replace the faded and cracked handles.
F’ing bast ards. This sucks to see.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Sorry to see this....glad I'm in a "gated community" or this probably would happen to me too. We had our '84 square body Burb stolen, labor day 2005, all the left was a little pile of glass that used to be the vent window. That's what got us into 400s. We could've gotten another square Burb cheap, but they were all projects. Hurricane season on the Gulf Coast, we needed something that was reliable. So we got the first '99 Burb.
I have the column cover set at the shop building, but I don't think it's in perfect shape. I'm going to a wrecking yard today, and I will see if I can find anything.
All the trucks at the yard were busted up on the columns. Some good doors but not green ones. You oughta be able to find one closer to DFW though. H Town is a bit far to go....