Dually Hauler from Dallas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Dinky stuff this time.
Added a pair of inner fenderwell splash guards. I bought a pair of GM OE splash guards, but skipped the extra front piece.
Turned out I had the ABS sensor wiring routed wrong, going over the upper arm. It would have rubbed against the splash guard. So I had to take the wiring out and reroute it before installing the guards.

Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After:

The OE guards and aftermarket fasteners I used:
Yup I found out when I replaced the one on the passenger side on my Burb. That cable is half a mile long because it has to be routed a certain way to keep from rubbing. Then it got caught on something a couple years later and had to be replaced again. Both of them had bad sensors and that was making the abs light come on. Replaced parts and no more light....

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought some power stop wheel bearings for my ‘07, I thought they would be ok, but the wheel speed sensors didn’t work out of the box. Replaced with ACDelco sensors and all was well.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish @Cokeman95 was still around. The splash guards I got from him are amazing; I guess I'll give the OEM ones a shot on the K3500, those practically crumbled in my hands when I attempted to remove them to get an angle on the glow plugs.

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't know you could still get GM splash guards. Where'd you look them up? Are they the factory material?
I don't know if you can still get them from GM. I got these as dead stock on Ebay.
I got the part number from one of the GM parts sites or QuirkParts.

I remember there were different part numbers for RWD and 4WD, and I think the numbers were different for 1500/2500/3500/3500HD.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish @Cokeman95 was still around. The splash guards I got from him are amazing; I guess I'll give the OEM ones a shot on the K3500, those practically crumbled in my hands when I attempted to remove them to get an angle on the glow plugs.
These guys sell them for all years and for 1/2, 3/4 and 1 ton. They use the heavier older style masticated rubber. Price is good- $52.00, but really, do you need $28.00 for shipping?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These guys sell them for all years and for 1/2, 3/4 and 1 ton. They use the heavier older style masticated rubber. Price is good- $52.00, but really, do you need $28.00 for shipping?
Oof.
Maybe I'll just steal some scrap rubber from work and cut my own.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know if you can still get them from GM. I got these as dead stock on Ebay.
I got the part number from one of the GM parts sites or QuirkParts.

I remember there were different part numbers for RWD and 4WD, and I think the numbers were different for 1500/2500/3500/3500HD.
Gone gone gone. :(

And now of course I need some. The ones on my '93 C3500 are dried up, broken, crumbling. And as you might imagine my exhaust manifolds aren't in much better shape..

The "Rubber done right" guys don't have any listings for a 1 ton 2WD, either. I did send them a message with GM part # and example pics, hopefully they'll come through.

EDIT - they absolutely did come through with a great response. They have this item on their site, part # 03-228M (2WD 3500 and 2500) and it does indicate in the product notes it is patterned on the GM #'s 15569496, 15553974 and 15553977 - I'll be ordering these as I'll replace them after my front end rebuild, but BEFORE I replace the cracked exhaust manifolds.

Richard

Last edited:

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried to install my airdam this weekend.
But, the front tow hooks are too close to the bumper to allow the airdam to fit around them.

It looks like the 2WD 3/4 and 1-ton frames are different and have a slant at the front. The tow hooks mount on that slant and pinch off any room for the airdam. Looks like I'll have to delete the tow hooks and get a fresh airdam.