Dually Hauler from Dallas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just get a new tumbler and the thing it goes into. Both are readily available. My plow truck was stolen before I got it, but at least those thieves were kind enough to not screw up the sheet metal.

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just get a new tumbler and the thing it goes into. Both are readily available...
Yeah, I had -JUST- put a new lock cylinder into the ignition and door handles to make the truck a 1-key truck.
Got all the parts, including the correct GM logo keys, from Pro Steering Columns in San Antonio. I was waiting to post about it until after I installed the new metal gloss black door handles.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yeah, I had -JUST- put a new lock cylinder into the ignition and door handles to make the truck a 1-key truck.
Got all the parts, including the correct GM logo keys, from Pro Steering Columns in San Antonio. I was waiting to post about it until after I installed the new metal gloss black door handles.
Always gots to be some B S don't it?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

I did the same for the plow truck, got the stuff off of Amazon so it would have 1 correct GM key instead of the dumb aftermarket monstrosity it came with but I bought it for the wrong year so the anti-theft **** won't let it run. Gotta wait until I 411 swap it to delete that garbage so I can have a proper key again.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well, yesterday didn't make me happy. Got to the truck for the commute and found this on the outside of the truck:

You must be registered for see images attach

And this on the inside:
You must be registered for see images attach

Filed a police case, just to get a case number.
I've got insurance that covers "vandalism", but they're going to screw me on this.
They might have been successful with the theft except that I had the battery out to do the Big-3 wiring upgrade.

So now I'm looking for a green drivers door in good shape with all the linkage, and a steering column cover in perfect shape.

I had -just- replaced all the lock cylinders to get the truck on a single key. I'll buy another set from the same shop. And I have a new set of metal door handles in the stash waiting to replace the faded and cracked handles.
As someone who has had one truck stolen/stripped and theft attempts on multiple other vehicles (both Silverado SS's and my previous 300 SRT8) I can sympathize.

The damage to your door handle implies these were serious rookies. Many GMT400's have been entered through the door handle with barely a visible mark.

GMT400's are increasing in value and demand, and I'd suggest anyone with significant money and labor investment into one to get effective theft deterrent. There's only one "kill switch" anymore that seems to hold off real thieves, and that's Ravelco. There's a Ravelco dealer in the D/FW area so you should check them out. It's pricey but it WORKS.

Then, hide several Apple airtags (with the speaker disabled) or other brand smart tags around the truck in the event it gets stolen with a wrecker (it happens, usually with stolen wreckers), so you can track it for recovery.

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Crank fuse or battery disconnected will stop some people, but if they know these trucks as Richard mentioned, they're looking for that. Rawhide has an aftermarket alarm, but the only thing it does is flash the lights and not start, when the battery is disconnected and then reconnected. It won't start unless the "magic button" is pushed, but the button isn't that hard to find if someone knows what to look for. So I'm going to do another kill switch in the future.
Unless we're out in it, Rawhide is behind locked gates in the park, within sight of our trailer. And with blown out mufflers, it's waking the dead when it fires up!

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figured they were rookies. And/or, they didn't care about the truck, but either wanted it for some short-term purpose, like stealing a trailer. Or, they wanted the brand new tires and Alcoa wheels, or thought they could sell them, and figured stealing the whole truck was the easy way to go.