Dually Hauler from Dallas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph R

Reaction score
Yeah my one ton crew cab has that slant to the front frame horns too. Glad to know other trucks have that; I just figured it got run into a ditch or something.
You can kinda see it in this picture, and the brush guard makes it close too since the uprights are lined up on the bumper bolts.....
I had to just delete my tow hooks for now with the brush guard because my truck was a farm truck and my tow hook mounts on the frame are super bent up.

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've punted on restoring the original seats and using the early NBS center console.

I bought an absolutely filthy set of 2017 cloth seats and the jump seat center console with two storage cubbys.

You must be registered for see images attach

I bought a set of OBS Outpost adapter seat brackets to work with my extended cab and the 2014-18 seats and console.

The paint on the brackets is some SEM primer and the same stuff that is on my new dashboard, SEM Med Dk Pewter.

Since the seats were so filthy, they had to be cleaned.
I sprayed them down with diluted Purple Power.

Then scrubbed them with a brush attachment in an old drill.

I originally tried to extract the soap using water and a wet-dry vacuum.

That didn't work very well, so I bought an extractor head that sprayed a clean water rinse while sucking it out.
That worked great.

After I got the seats cleaned and brackets painted, I pulled the original seats to clean the carpet.
I'm about 1/3 of the way through with the carpet and stopped for the frozen weather we're having right now.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Enjoyed reading through your threading seeing the progress on your truck!!

I'm in Dallas too and have "accicentally" ended up with SIX GMT400 projects :doh2:

this is the first comment I leave on a forum in what feels like forever, I miss when everything else was this simple.
Welcome from the other side of the Metroplex. Yeah. I also have a large number of project 400s. :Big Laugh::Big Laugh: