Dropping my truck right.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my truck with some hacked drop on it. It rides like absolute ****. I'm ready to change everything out to get the job done right. I need a little advice on where to buy some items.

The front looks like the coil has just been cut. I want to go with 2" coils and a 2" spindle instead. I also need to change the ball joints as they also look nasty. The rear was lowered by removing the overload + 1 leaf, and a shackle, no notch. I need to find a new leaf spring, get a flip kit, and a notch. Do you think a junk yard is the best place to find leaf pack? Where can I find ball joints? Best bang for the buck site for a drop kit?

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
id go with djm ive heard it was good and i know some ppl with it on there trucks you just have to find someone to c-notch your frame

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I stick with DJM and Western Chassis myself. BellTech is good, but I just don't like their spindles on these trucks.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
yea the only thing that I would put beltech over djm is their flip kit. It seems much stronger but Ive never used one. Ive done DJM on all my trucks and dont have a single complaint

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
goin with dif. wheels?

I will eventually. I have some other priorities on it first. First suspension, then a horrible oil leak, leak in A/C, then maybe wheels and body work.

for brands of drop you will want to go djm or beltech. You can get them from stylintrucks.com and many other places
Thank you.

id go with djm ive heard it was good and i know some ppl with it on there trucks you just have to find someone to c-notch your frame

I'm not afraid to notch it. I've dropped plenty of trucks in the past. The shop I used to work for is going to let me use their space since they aren't doing much work there.

I stick with DJM and Western Chassis myself. BellTech is good, but I just don't like their spindles on these trucks.

yea the only thing that I would put beltech over djm is their flip kit. It seems much stronger but Ive never used one. Ive done DJM on all my trucks and dont have a single complaint

I've used a lot of BellTech and mcgaughys drops in the past and I like both brands, but those were all customer rides and I installed what the shop sold. This is a budget build and the first OBS i've dropped. So DJM spindles? I'll look into that. Thanks for the quick responses.