Dropping my truck right.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soulman07

Reaction score
DJM all the way! I'm sitting at about a 5/8 drop with DJM and it only ran me around 750 bucks. Front 3" coil and 2" spindle, rear flip kit, notch, extenders & shackle.

I put toxic drop shocks all around for that price as well to sample them... The front is very firm and rides good. The rear still bottoms out with even as much as 5 inches of clearance between the frame and the axle over large bumps. So if I had to do it all over again, I'd switch to air shocks in the back or buy helper bags.

Outside of that, I have not had any issues with backspacing or rubbing the LCA's after shaving the factory one a bit as others suggested

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a few parts in. Just waiting on the belltech flip kit, and stock leaf springs. I ended up with DJM coils and spindles, and the slam air helper bag kit. I'd like to be able to load my Harley in the bed of my truck again.

You must be registered for see images attach

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
As soon as possible. I have to start looking for leaf springs. Lowering this truck right is turning out to be more expensive than lowering a stock height truck.

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey where could i get some shocks just got a flip kit on mine and shocks are maxed out need some good ones that i could buy anyone know where i could get some

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
Ive had alot of shocks and I must say doestsch is by far the best. It depends how you like to ride though. They are pretty stiff but I like that. You can get them from sporttruckdirect.com or you can get summit racing shocks (same shock) from summit for a little cheaper.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
DJM all the way! I'm sitting at about a 5/8 drop with DJM and it only ran me around 750 bucks. Front 3" coil and 2" spindle, rear flip kit, notch, extenders & shackle.

I put toxic drop shocks all around for that price as well to sample them... The front is very firm and rides good. The rear still bottoms out with even as much as 5 inches of clearance between the frame and the axle over large bumps. So if I had to do it all over again, I'd switch to air shocks in the back or buy helper bags.

Outside of that, I have not had any issues with backspacing or rubbing the LCA's after shaving the factory one a bit as others suggested

you may need to trim you bed support above your rear end. When I had my 97 at 5/8 I did this and it solved everything. I too had toxic shocks at the time but they are not firm enough for me.