Dropping my truck right.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DJM 2" Drop Spindles

I would like to get some new 2" drop spindles too, but...I want to make sure I get a brand that does not kick the front wheels out any. Could I ask a favor? Could you measure your new DJM spindles...and compare the measurements, to your stockers that you take off? (when you do the work) Thanks a lot. I know that a few others of us would love to know this as well.:patriot:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would like to get some new 2" drop spindles too, but...I want to make sure I get a brand that does not kick the front wheels out any. Could I ask a favor? Could you measure your new DJM spindles...and compare the measurements, to your stockers that you take off? (when you do the work) Thanks a lot. I know that a few others of us would love to know this as well.:patriot:

DJM spindles DO NOT push the wheels out. Period.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Designs, venders, etc., change on occasion at different times. I been in the manufacturing business for 35 years, so I can attest. This would be the ideal point in time for a verification, that would take all of 60 seconds. Thanks again truckintim05.:)

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okie dokie.

I guarantee they don't push the wheels out. I'll stake my repuation on that fact.

BellTech and AIM/Chassis Tech are the only ones that do.

But hey, what do I know, right?

Last edited:

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll do my best when the stock spindles are off the truck. I'm not of a manufacturing background, and the best measuring device I have is a tape measure. That said...I'll let you know if the wheel is pokin' out any further after install is complete.

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Got some leaf springs at the salvage yard. They were dirty and rusted so I decided to take the pack apart, remove the rust, and repaint. It was a pain in the ass grinding all that **** off, but it was well worth it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Soulman07

Reaction score
you may need to trim you bed support above your rear end. When I had my 97 at 5/8 I did this and it solved everything. I too had toxic shocks at the time but they are not firm enough for me.

Yep! That's one other thing I forgot to mention.. You have to trip the bed frame just a tad bit over the pumpkin in the rear. Because they do meet each other from time to time.

truckintim05

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out with the old, in with the new. Got all the front components changed out, and I couldn't be happier with it. There is actually suspension travel in the front now. I no longer sit directly on the front bump stops. Alignment came out perfect. The steering is all tightened up, although I think there is some play in the gear box. I'll think about changing that in the future. Overall it sits about an inch higher, which is ok with me because I plan on running 20's at least.

Old ball joints, pitman and idler arms were fubar. Also changed inner and outer tie rods.

All back together with the DJM coils and spindles in place of a stock cut coil.