Door Roller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWillmont

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so I havent seen or heard of anybody else having this problem anywhere online.So I will throw it on here. The little spring loaded arm thing that holds the doors open in the front door jamb has anybody broken the roller part off? If so how can it be fixed mine has done it on both front doors? Any help would be appreciated I am tired of the damned doors smashing my legs when i get out. Thanks

willinthe985

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, my door is sagged so much that the roller popped out so my door doesn't have that middle setting anymore. It's either closed or all the way open. Only way I see fixing it is re-pinning the doors and re-assemble from there.

Juan!

Meh
Reaction score
Wow, BOTH broke? Haven't had the problem with my 96 or the parents 93 burb :shrug:

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HaHa, ya that ******* spring sucks. I had to buy whole new springs and pins. And since we didn't really have the know how ourselves (me and my dad) we took it to a guy down the road from us a couple miles who has restored a couple GMT400s and basically what they did was get the pins in place after the spring was put in and then tac welded them all in place. I have had no problems with it after that. Those cheap pins/clips don't hold up real well to real abuse. The welding was the best replacement option IMO. I'll try and get a couple pics up tomorrow of what I'm talking about. May even do it tonight. I have to go get my coat.

DWillmont

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My hinge pins are good the bottom of the roller pin just broke off it is a separate pin

Reaction score
They sell the roller pin by its self we have them in our clip supply drawers at the shop.

the ones we use need to be tack welded in place and then painted to prevent further corrosion.

you can get the pin from a body shop or at your local dealership

DWillmont

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surfing around on here I found a how-to imagine that site is up for three days and already have an answer the roller pins can also be had from ckresto.com for 22.99 each! Thanks for the reply though