Door Foam Piece Part #/Name

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine wasn’t glued on. Here’s a couple of pictures of them, or where the passenger side is supposed to be.
In the first pic you can see the three screws and what’s left.
Sorry my firewall is so dirty :biggrin: it won’t be for long.

You must be registered for see images attach

Must’ve been earlier when they were screwed on.

No screws on a 1996.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at my ‘92 and ‘94 this morning and they both have it. I’ve never noticed that before. 3D printing would be a great idea for this part.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I see the part # listing shows it across pretty much the whole generation of 400's but I swear I've taken trucks apart and depending on year it looks like it wasn't ever there. Vague memory but it was the newer trucks missing the piece, like I want to say the green '96 I took apart for the HD donor didn't have them. The '93 and '94 HD's definitely did; as well as my white '92.. I can see them in my old pics during teardown.

They're definitely a flimsy part once they get some age on them, usually cracking and breaking up.

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see the part # listing shows it across pretty much the whole generation of 400's but I swear I've taken trucks apart and depending on year it looks like it wasn't ever there. Vague memory but it was the newer trucks missing the piece, like I want to say the green '96 I took apart for the HD donor didn't have them. The '93 and '94 HD's definitely did; as well as my white '92.. I can see them in my old pics during teardown.

They're definitely a flimsy part once they get some age on them, usually cracking and breaking up.

Richard
From what I found, they were only 88-97. Maybe they ran out and knowing trucks were going out of production, the 98-2000+ didn’t get them. As noted, you wouldn’t even know they were there unless you removed inner fender.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
From what I found, they were only 88-97. Maybe they ran out and knowing trucks were going out of production, the 98-2000+ didn’t get them. As noted, you wouldn’t even know they were there unless you removed inner fender.
You can see 'em with just the fender off. Should be able to get a minor glimpse of it with the door open, and nothing removed.

1993 3500HD

1996 C3500 - I had some pics of when I'd just taken the fenders off and pulled the engine for the HD project but they're dark and grainy. I don't recall it having those pieces and the front clip appeared to have never been removed prior. I do have some later pics once the front is completely off and we were pulling front suspension parts for his shortbed dually project.

Richard

Last edited:

l1lartur0

Reaction score
Will it print an EDPM type foam?
Good question. If not, wonder if any other 3D printing material would work.

Richard
Perhaps an oversight at one or more of GM's plants that made the GMT400s? Curious if GM was just indifferent regarding the part or it was nixed in a penny-pinching move - utilizing what they had in stock and not bothering to reorder when the time came. Who knows?