Air Inlet Door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NMNorsse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for part number for '88-'91 Air Inlet Door Actuator because LMC is out of stock. It is different from the later ones.

LMC lists 2 different actuators for 88 and 3 for '91+. Mine definitely has all 3.
1) Mode selector (LMC 11).
2) blend door (LMC 12); and
3) the air inlet door (LMC 13).

You must be registered for see images attach

I replaced the blend door actuator with AC Delco 15-72139 from Amazon for $47.26. It was $80 at Napa, $65 at autozone and $50 plus shipping from LMC.

I can't find a part number for the air inlet door actuator. I looked on the GM Parts website, Napa, Autozone, Rock Auto etc... and no luck. LMC list it as 39-2601 but that is their internal number and it has been backordered for a while.

If anyone can share that part number, I'd really appreciate it. If I find it first, I'll post it.

EDIT: Found a link in another post here which says there are 2 screws and a pin that you remove from beneath.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

NMNorsse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
E-bay has them for $30. I'd prefer AC Delco, Standard or even Dorman so I'll keep looking for a part number.

You must be registered for see images attach

Note that for the '88-'91 there is a notch in the part that moves the door. I visually confirmed my truck needs the notched actuator.

The other 2 actuators have 2 flat sides and no notch, like old radio knobs and the one in the video above.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You might check Nemiga Parts Chevrolet. They're the only place I'm aware of that doesn't erase part numbers from the database even if they're discontinued. The site can be a bit of a pain to navigate but there's a ton of good parts info.

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/chevrolet/