Does anyone’s workbench . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The work surface on top of my toolbox is about 2'x5' and I have about 4'x10' worth of crap on it, no matter how hard I try to clean it off and throw stuff away.
I tried to do that last night and this morning after only a couple hours of work im not sure how all that stuff got back on there.
Its a struggle.
I built a 4x10' Steel table with a 3/4" thick top. I was going to use it for my engine assembly area and well that didnt last long.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I can't even see my workbench! There's headers, control arms, oil filters, tig parts.... hell I think there's a whole steering set up for the c10 somewhere in there.
You must be registered for see images attach
oh and those are some Caprice 9C1 HD steel wheels I welded together as a barstool. Never finished. Typical of me.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
FSD - FLAT SURFACE DISEASE

And yes, too much clutter gives me anxiety :Big Laugh: :cheers:

The shop/machine shed I grew up working out of had 5gal buckets full of tools and hardware randomly placed throughout the floor area, never could find the tools I needed without digging through multiple buckets...so my shop is a bit more sanitary. Now, with that being said...there is enough exhaust tubing, y-pipe, and header extensions to redo the front half of the exhaust on my Z28 sitting on my 5' long by 24" deep bench right now, and it's been there for at least a year :eek:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But i need a stainless top for it so i dont contaminate stainless tubing when welding.
If you don't need a heavy duty surface, you can probably find a commercial kitchen table cheap. I have a 3'x6' one I bought for $100 that I use for welding.

You must be registered for see images attach