Do I need a new body control module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a 2000 denali (obs) and it has a peculiar problem where the radio often doesnt turn off when the ignition is off even after the door is opened.

It will only turn off after the bcm is unplugged and plugged back in. I had replaced the ignition switch thinking that was the problem, but it wasn't. I opened up the bcm box and it has some corrosion. I will post pictures.

If anyone has had a similar issue should I pick up a new bcm from a wrecker. I dont have a centre console atm so it's pretty easy to get at the bcm.

You must be registered for see images attach

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
You might try cleaning the board with some contact cleaner. I bet RAP is controlled with those relays on the bottom.

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might try cleaning the board with some contact cleaner. I bet RAP is controlled with those relays on the bottom.
Is that the same thing as 99.9 percent isopropyl, I have some of that laying around. Also the windows also will go up and down when this happens (when the button is pushed I mean, not like on there own or anything).

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

I was thinking maybe one of those relays took a ****? But then why does unplugging it fix it? Maybe a bad transistor then?

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe one of those relays took a ****? But then why does unplugging it fix it? Maybe a bad transistor then?
When the box is plugged back in the radio stays off. It's odd. I have a flip up dvd deck so when I unplug the bcm it immediately shuts power to the radio and when its plugged back in it gets 12v constant but no ignition so it retracts itself and stays off. (I know this because that's how the radio works not because I actually measured).

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
When the box is plugged back in the radio stays off. It's odd. I have a flip up dvd deck so when I unplug the bcm it immediately shuts power to the radio and when its plugged back in it gets 12v constant but no ignition so it retracts itself and stays off. (I know this because that's how the radio works not because I actually measured).

Chop the supply wire and put a switch inline. :D

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now I'm wondering if my radio staying on in my red '97 is related to the BCM somehow...

Thanks for posting this, gives me something else to consider whenever I get around to investigating that. Interested to see what you find out, please update if you find a solution.