DJM control arms and springs... CASTER ISSUE.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put a 4/6 DJM kit on my 93 a couple weeks ago and took it to the shop to get it aligned. They were not able to get the Caster close to specs.

Has anyone ever run into this before? Or... does the guy twisting wrenches not know what he was doing? I am guessing that it is the tech. I guess I will be taking it to another location this week to get another person to give it a shot.

gerardobernal1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive heard about that. U have to give it a few shots till u find some one who can do it. Good luck!!

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
i've heard some talk about taking the knock-outs out at the cam bolt to get a better alignment... i'm not sure if this has anything to do with the caster or not.

i know it affects the camber.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put a 4/6 DJM kit on my 93 a couple weeks ago and took it to the shop to get it aligned. They were not able to get the Caster close to specs.

Has anyone ever run into this before? Or... does the guy twisting wrenches not know what he was doing? I am guessing that it is the tech. I guess I will be taking it to another location this week to get another person to give it a shot.

did you get the upper arms too? without the uppers you will only be able to get the camber within 2-3 degrees and Ive heard you wont be able to get the caster correct as well. i have djm uca and lcm and it was aligned perfectly... till I cut the springs... my alignment guy was in Sturgis for some little bike thing.. haha

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't ever had that problem yet on any of the truck's that I have lowered but there is a first time for everything.

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He was able to get the camber spot on... but not the caster. He worked on it for a couple hours... My guess is that he had no clue what he was doing. I got the LCA's and 2" drop springs. DJM said it should align fine.

I am going to drop it off next week and see what it yields.

I actually forgot to get rid of the knockouts when the front end was apart doing the drop. I decided to pay the shop $160 to knock them out so they could align it... and he still couldn't get the caster in spec. He must have messed with it for 2 hours before I mentioned he may want to check the knockouts. Then another 2 hours after he put a new cam bolt in after he stripped it.

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just thought he was able to get it spot on... I took it in today. Caster is in... Camber is still WAY out!!! UCA's are next on the list I guess.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
somethings up there. Caster should be able to be dialed in done many of these trucks over 15 years now. Camber ok?