Disco rear bumper upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo

Disco Lives
Reaction score
After damaging and repairing my lower rear bedsides so much the metal had fatigued enough to start tearing, I decided something else needed to be done. Old timers will notice I just stole someone else's idea.

Lopped off the damaged area and removed rear bumper..
You must be registered for see images attach

Sectioned factory mounts (3/16ths") down to 4"..

Making the sides..

45*ing the rear section..

Standoffs for the sides..

Test fitting and sectioning the reciever up and out of the way..

Paint..

Last edited:

Turbo

Disco Lives
Reaction score
Night time photo's..

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. Saw some jeep today with boggers on it... backwards. lol. Truck looks awesome with the bumper man.

Turbo

Disco Lives
Reaction score
Nice looking bumper:High 5:

Busted.:uhoh2:

This was my favorite rendition of your truck, and pretty much my end goal. I think this will be an awsome compromise of DD, weekend warrior, crawler, mud pit king and yard tractor. In other words, jack of all trades, master of none. Kinda fits my persona. BTW, never did get a reply back on the can-back...

Its 2x3, radiused into 2x4, 3/16ths wall. Clevis mounts are all the way thru, welded front and back, and hole for cable is boxed.

Daytime pics this weekend.

Last edited:

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id like to see more about your winch's mounting position under there. I love it. I think I would have gone without the winch block, but IDK why. I have the cradle winch for trailer hitches but no mount in the front. I would be better off doing like you. Either way man, looks good!

Turbo

Disco Lives
Reaction score
What did you need to know about the Can-Bak?

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128363&page=2

Id like to see more about your winch's mounting position under there. I love it. I think I would have gone without the winch block, but IDK why. I have the cradle winch for trailer hitches but no mount in the front. I would be better off doing like you. Either way man, looks good!

It's just a channel plate slide between the frame rails with the winch sitting in it. When you say winch block, do you mean the fairlead? I think the fairlead is an important part of being able to use the winch.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i agree, the rollers are key for not destroying your cable. I was commenting on not putting the winch through the bumper, but like I said, its for dumb reasons.