Direct Replacement Headlight Conversions for 95 Suburban Cheyenne

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moondog1

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have the w/t style cheyenne trim headlights with the sealed halogen beams. I'd like a drop in that will accept a normal bulb and fit the stock basket or a replacement basket would also work. Does anyone have any good options?

I ordered these https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hla-003427291
but they have all these tabs and mounts on the surfaces and do not fit, I also couldn't remove them without boogering up the whole light. It seems like there should be one of these that actually fits. I just can't find it. Thanks!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Question for you... why? More specifically why not LED? Having the W/T grille actually puts you in a better position than most looking to upgrade because you can use the 5"x7" LED housings which are designed from the ground up to reflect LED light properly, like these TruckLite housings for example.

https://www.amazon.com/Truck-Lite-27450C-Headlamp/dp/B007ED7HNY

More expensive than what you were looking at, but much better output and much less current draw. Plus no need to worry about bulbs burning out.

moondog1

Reaction score
Question for you... why? More specifically why not LED? Having the W/T grille actually puts you in a better position than most looking to upgrade because you can use the 5"x7" LED housings which are designed from the ground up to reflect LED light properly, like these TruckLite housings for example.

https://www.amazon.com/Truck-Lite-27450C-Headlamp/dp/B007ED7HNY

More expensive than what you were looking at, but much better output and much less current draw. Plus no need to worry about bulbs burning out.
I completely missed the notification for the reply to this. Thank you for replying!
I'm definitely not against LED, I just didn't want junk, it seemed like there was a lot of junk compared to the reliability of an incandescent lamp. I also wanted a good spotlight and spill.

That link you sent looks pretty great. Do they fit the factory basket though? The Hella conversion lights I bought were supposed to also fit a jeep but would not fit the factory basket.

Would Jeep Cherokee baskets fit to help accept a wider variety of light options?

I also already added relays, but I need to redo the whole headlight harness from the relays to the lights, those wires are tiny.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
You just need a bigger hole in the bucket. I did the conversion on my wife's Astro and just needed to open up the hole.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That link you sent looks pretty great. Do they fit the factory basket though?

According to some other members here they are 100% plug and play.

I also already added relays, but I need to redo the whole headlight harness from the relays to the lights, those wires are tiny.

If you use those LED housings a wiring upgrade really isn't necessary. They draw a tiny fraction of the amperage that regular halogen bulbs do.

moondog1

Reaction score
According to some other members here they are 100% plug and play.

If you use those LED housings a wiring upgrade really isn't necessary. They draw a tiny fraction of the amperage that regular halogen bulbs do.
Sold! I'm going to order a pair.

I appreciate you responding and providing a solution to my problem.

Frank Enstein, my hella conversion housings had tabs on each corner and each side and when removed it created a hole in new fixture when you removed the tabs so I ditched them. I test fitted mine without the rubber guard on the back and they wouldn't seat correctly in the front of the bucket. I ordered one from amazon and one from summit(error on my part, not intentional). Both websites said they would fit my truck but it wasn't really close to being correct.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Sold! I'm going to order a pair.

I appreciate you responding and providing a solution to my problem.

Frank Enstein, my hella conversion housings had tabs on each corner and each side and when removed it created a hole in new fixture when you removed the tabs so I ditched them. I test fitted mine without the rubber guard on the back and they wouldn't seat correctly in the front of the bucket. I ordered one from amazon and one from summit(error on my part, not intentional). Both websites said they would fit my truck but it wasn't really close to being correct.
That's just weird!:confused: