Diesel Front Bumper Modded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
when i back tracked the VIN thru the dealer purchased, to hunt down a couple parts i specifically wanted Dealer NOS..they immediately asked me to sell it back to them, i didn't understand why. My grandfather ordered it fully loaded in 90' minus the factory 454 and leather. i grew up with the truck, but, i was curious why they wanted it so bad, so after i picked it up the paperwork, I was going over everything in the parking lot, when the owner of the dealership approached me, i drove it over there ofcourse, he told me he remembered the day my papaw walked in and ordered it. that he was a good man and the truck is considered a sort of collectible to him. 211 of 576 trucks made with Outside color combo, interior incl. all factory packages, cruise, power everything, premium sound, so on and so forth. He offered me $12k the way it sat, sagging door panel, missing a center cap and a blown headlight bulb. (That condition was how i brought it out of the background where it was parked for 11 months on a concrete slab left alone)

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
thanks man, had it around 5 months now. Been thru hell replacing things. Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor, ICM, Coil Pick-up, new diz gear and pin. All the top and bottom end electronics. Starter, all connecting wires, alternator, battery. All lights in the truck, in and out. 4 tires, complete brake system. Exhaust, manifolds back b4 i drove it home. have 2k in it, and still battling fixing the door panels and window felts. money fell short when i lost my job, my wife and kid came first obviously, and i sold a lot of the spare parts i had and a lot of things i had laying around for the motor build.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
when i back tracked the VIN thru the dealer purchased, to hunt down a couple parts i specifically wanted Dealer NOS..they immediately asked me to sell it back to them, i didn't understand why. My grandfather ordered it fully loaded in 90' minus the factory 454 and leather. i grew up with the truck, but, i was curious why they wanted it so bad, so after i picked it up the paperwork, I was going over everything in the parking lot, when the owner of the dealership approached me, i drove it over there ofcourse, he told me he remembered the day my papaw walked in and ordered it. that he was a good man and the truck is considered a sort of collectible to him. 211 of 576 trucks made with Outside color combo, interior incl. all factory packages, cruise, power everything, premium sound, so on and so forth. He offered me $12k the way it sat, sagging door panel, missing a center cap and a blown headlight bulb. (That condition was how i brought it out of the background where it was parked for 11 months on a concrete slab left alone)

I respect you for not taking that offer. Pretty sure I woulda walked away with 12 grand. LOL

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
12 G's? Wow! If there wasn't the sentimental value, I would have been walking off the lot with enough cash to go buy another rcsb, slam it, new tires/wheels/paint, & then drop a 6.0/4L80e in it! You have more fortitude than I do!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score

im sorry, but i dont really believe that, for one 454 and leather was not an option on a C1500 in 1990, only way to get a 454 was a 454SS.

and i don't see a dealer paying 12G from a OBS, just not possible, and you mention in another thread, it has an outstanding offer for 25K, :lol:.

and of course there is so few of these trucks made with those options, one option different (Lets say, ordered without "fancy ribbed steering wheel") and they aren't part of the "576" your talking about (also, no clue where you got that number)

Last edited:

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a vin searcher that no longer exists (compnine.com)that says mine is one of 12 (twelve, not a typo) with it's combinations. Plane jane white crew cab, blue interior. Not knocking your truck, it's a nice looking truck and definately a good starting point for a project, but it's just to re-enforce what was said about the numbers not meaning much. That being said, keep on doing what you're doing, hopefully you can tastefully mod it and keep the sentimental spirit of it.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I used a vin searcher that no longer exists (compnine.com)that says mine is one of 12 (twelve, not a typo) with it's combinations. Plane jane white crew cab, blue interior. Not knocking your truck, it's a nice looking truck and definately a good starting point for a project, but it's just to re-enforce what was said about the numbers not meaning much. That being said, keep on doing what you're doing, hopefully you can tastefully mod it and keep the sentimental spirit of it.

:word: i used compnine on my 1994, i forgot what mine was one of (Was ordered to look like a 454SS but with a 4.3L), but it was about the same as yours, but it doesnt mean much, in your case, in means there is 12 trucks with the EXACT options as yours.