Diesel Front Bumper Modded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
So i want to use the diesel front bumper on my truck. BUT i'm in the process of demolding my truck, (slowly but surely), so heres my thing. What started me with this is i want to use the breather holes to get more air in the truck, so I want to get the impact holes welded up and smoothed. But i have to have the license plate cuz of 2 plates. any1 done or seen this? would love to see if i'm gonna regret this or not b4 i sink all the time and money into the swap

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they make the diesel bumpers with out impact strips you can use the holes for an air cleaner if you make or find a dual snorkal air cleaner and find the right air tubes

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Here's the thing: are you going to want it chrome, or colormatched?

If chromed, I'd think it's easier to just buy one that has been posted. However, if you want to colormatch it, I'd say see if you could weld some metal into the impact strip holes and grind it down. If you have access to tools, that would definitely be the cheaper route, and since it would be painted, you wouldn't see it anyways. Another option for the diesel bumpers is to put foglights like 88GMCTruck has in his. That's a pretty good look too.

I'm just curious, how would you run air ducts from there all the way up to the tbi? Maybe it's just me, but the engine area is too crowded already for my taste, seems like ducts would just get more in the way.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
i must have overlooked that one in my magazine. Yukon i have really really thought about color matching it the bottom color, it will just be primed and sealed until then if i go that route. Since, my truck is currently N/A, i'll run it up both sides of the radiator, under the battery and mate it to an aftermarket dual inlet breather with 2 1/2 ducting and an adapter to mate to the 3" inlet on the breather

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Bottom color? Is your truck two tone? If it is, I vote colormatch, it would really bring the two tone out. If that's the case, I would just say weld it, grind it smooth, and get it painted. No point spending money on a fresh chrome bumper when you're just going to paint over it anyways.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
oh yea sorry lol....here's the truck

You must be registered for see images attach

had to touch up paint the back of the cab because it used to have a shell, just so ya know

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
and i'm already going to be taking it down 4/6 on AeroRace wheels, black chrome and new exhaust that dumps so no tips but it was my grandfathers and it will be painted back to factory colors in a better quality.

Kurt3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the factory two tones, haven't seen too many in your colour combo. Look forward to your progress.