Delete oil cooler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wozny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did one of the original fittings have a little plastic extension on it, that fit inside the casting?
The two on the filter adapter had the plastic quick release connections, so I pulled the clips off, and the washer that’s formed onto the pipe, I cut off with an inch of pipe, with a hacksaw. Reamed it clean, flushed with gas, blew it out with air, slid a flare fittings over the 1/2” pipe ( tube). Removed the stock adapter fitting from the adapter casting, threaded a 3/8” NPT nipple in, and a adapter to that for the female flare fitting in the tube to thread into. I’ll post a picture in a new thread if I can. Had to cut down an open end wrench and grind the end down more narrow to get the female nuts to turn on.

Wozny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The old design condenser was blocking flow to the whole cooling stack. Basically blocking airflow through the condenser itself, the trans cooler and the radiator.
Old design meaning older than 88? I have a 92. Thanks