Dealer life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Well for tools that are kind of cheap I recommend Duralast. Since the warranty is pretty good and the Auto zone near my house is 24 hours.
Parts I would not use Duralast.

Wow a 24hour autoparts store??? I guess in the 3rd largest US city, they'll have customers. Here nothing is 24hours anymore except for a few gas stations and even thats iffy.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
It's very true about living in metropolises as I guess.
There were a couple of auto zone stores in Houston that were 24 hours. Went to the one on my side of Houston a few times, on those "it's Sunday night and the car's gotta be back together by Monday morning" projects. Wasn't in the best part of town, so I didn't go there regularly. Of course,after the pandemic, don't know if they went back to 24/7 operations or not.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The thing I don't like about dealer work. Is sometimes they scrape the bottom of the barrel for the porters. Especially night crew after I clock out. I mean freaking come on do not touch other coworkers stuff and if you have time to lean you have time to clean. It is going to the point where I would nickname the night crew porters beavis and butthead

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first dealership I worked at, we had a lot porter who kept telling us they had him on a fast-track for a management position. He was living with his girlfriend, and bought a $2000 set of wheels and tires for his Chevy Cavalier on credit. Then the filing clerk went on vacation, and they had him fill in, putting customers' paperwork into the filing cabinet. A few weeks later he got fired for something stupid (I can't remember). Within a month we began noticing paperwork missing. Somebody moved the filing cabinet, and we discovered that he'd just dropped every customer file behind the cabinet to save time.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The first dealership I worked at, we had a lot porter who kept telling us they had him on a fast-track for a management position. He was living with his girlfriend, and bought a $2000 set of wheels and tires for his Chevy Cavalier on credit. Then the filing clerk went on vacation, and they had him fill in, putting customers' paperwork into the filing cabinet. A few weeks later he got fired for something stupid (I can't remember). Within a month we began noticing paperwork missing. Somebody moved the filing cabinet, and we discovered that he'd just dropped every customer file behind the cabinet to save time.
Omg wow

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like his definition of "fast track" didn't match theirs. :D

Richard