Dealer life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok start of a rant.
Today I saw how my colleagues park on the dealer lot. I was thinking about it but there was little space so I parked on the main street. Now if you visit the dealer I work at the lot on the property is small.
I mean what dealer would be that small.
Also the lot is the most raggedy pot holed might as well be gravel and dirt.
Yet coworkers park there seeing that I wanted park there ugh.

Last edited:

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Its kinda funny, I left dealer life in 2015, spent the last 7yrs working at a Substance Abuse Rehab and working for Government Motors for the past 3. I start back at a local Gm dealer on the 27th of this month. I will be making more $/yr than I did at GM or the Rehab. And I'll be appreciated again.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its kinda funny, I left dealer life in 2015, spent the last 7yrs working at a Substance Abuse Rehab and working for Government Motors for the past 3. I start back at a local Gm dealer on the 27th of this month. I will be making more $/yr than I did at GM or the Rehab. And I'll be appreciated again.
Nice

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trouble with the lot at where is work is that the service side parking we have to park the cars so close it is not even funny I mean for the love of love. Ugh

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok start of a rant.
Today I saw how my colleagues park on the dealer lot. I was thinking about it but there was little space so I parked on the main street. Now if you visit the dealer I work at the lot on the property is small.
I mean what dealer would be that small.
Also the lot is the most raggedy lot holed might as well be gravel and dirt.
Yet coworkers park there seeing that I wanted park there ugh.
When I worked at the dealer, it was early-mid 90's. I drove a '65 C10 longbed.. orange and white, custom cab, big back window, 283/powerglide. It was banged up all over but it was a survivor. I parked it way out back.. then went to work admiring the brand new 93 and 94 Chevy's. I remember when the Impala SS hit the sales floor.. and also remember learning about blown-out TBI base gaskets when the used car guys ripped this lady harsh on her trade-in of a really clean '93 Z71 extended cab that was in great shape other than it wouldn't idle right.

Richard

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And I'll be appreciated again.

I am now semi-retired, but throughout my work life, changed careers several times.

Being appreciated (as a worker) seems to be rare now. If you find a place that truly appreciates you (and you won't know that until after at least a year) I'd stay there, even if the pay was lower.

Most bosses are just inconsiderate, lying ***** now. They will lie through their teeth to get you on the payroll, then you find out the truth... My favorite is, "Nobody wants to work any more" when they can't get anybody to do a task that is ******, and totally unsafe because they are too lazy to follow any rules.