Cylinder head stud kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was an interesting test

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd avoid Speedmaster on general principles. Same company used to be called Pro-Comp Electronics; they sold all sorts of bottom-feeder hot-roddy stuff (not just electronics).

About the time everyone figured-out that they sold junk, they changed their name and recreated a new back-story...but they're still selling bottom-feeder crap.

I've never used head studs. I've used ARP head bolts. Studs make cylinder head changes difficult in full-body vehicles.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I'd avoid Speedmaster on general principles. Same company used to be called Pro-Comp Electronics; they sold all sorts of bottom-feeder hot-roddy stuff (not just electronics).

About the time everyone figured-out that they sold junk, they changed their name and recreated a new back-story...but they're still selling bottom-feeder crap.

I've never used head studs. I've used ARP head bolts. Studs make cylinder head changes difficult in full-body vehicles.
I normaly use either factory bolts or ARP bolts. But I have a block that was running when I pulled it from a G-30 and I am going to install gaskets and seals for a C1500 project.
One of the short head bolts was not fully seated against the head when I pulled the engine. The threads for that bolt in the block are a bit rough as the bolt was possibly cross threaded or there was debris in the thread from when who ever worked on it before I picked up the van. I chased them and figured that a stud would put less stress on the threads.