Cut coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to cut my stock coils until I can get drop coils. How many coils for 1 and 2"
galaxy s3

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Cut coils are better. Cutting them increases the spring rate. Lowered coils have the same stock ride characteristics. Kinda mushy.
Dean (bow61509) cut his & he would be the guy that has the knowledge on how much to slice off.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would cut small sections until you get the desired height. The poster above said a full coil gave him 2.5" so maybe start with a little less than half a coil.

draginlow

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1/4 coil gave me 1"

forgot to add that was on a bell tech drop coil. i had a 2" and wanted a 3" ha ha

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
What is considered a full coil? Right above the end? Going to drop the front of the Yukon this way. Got some freebie coils from the JY :rockit:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
What is considered a full coil? Right above the end? Going to drop the front of the Yukon this way. Got some freebie coils from the JY :rockit:

correct the point right below where the coil currently ends. also you want to cut off the bottom not the top. and this is looking at the spring with the top side down and the bottom facing you..... if that makes sense lol

sent from the eskanalierra lol

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do these ride better or worse than drop coils

galaxy s3