Cut coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
the bottom is flat the top is sloped. Cut at the top only.

incorrect.... if you cut the top off they will not fit back onto the spring perch

sent from the eskanalierra lol

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
hmmm I must be wrong then... well ya win some and lose some lol

sent from DAS DOOLAY!!

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
No worries, if I know one thing for sure, it's that damn near nothing on these trucks has a universal rule haha

Beaver's Chevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Vortecxas,
I'm not too far from you up north. How do you like the ride of the cut coils? I've been wanting to drop the front of mine for a while, but was under the impression that dropped spindles was the only way to go. How much did it drop and how much did you cut off? Do you have to change your shocks to shorter ones?
Love your truck by the way.
Thanks, Erin

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Hey Vortecxas,
I'm not too far from you up north. How do you like the ride of the cut coils? I've been wanting to drop the front of mine for a while, but was under the impression that dropped spindles was the only way to go. How much did it drop and how much did you cut off? Do you have to change your shocks to shorter ones?
Love your truck by the way.
Thanks, Erin

I also have cut coils.... And mine ride great I cut one full cool.off and it got me right at there inches :cheers:

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I changes my front shocks but I used factory length Monroe shocks and mine has had zero problems from it and like I said really does ride great

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Rides awesome, stock length shocks, dropped right at 3 inches with one full coil cut from the top. Doesnt bottom out like my Sierra does with spindles. Thanks for the compliment, worked hard on her, yours looks like a good clean start