Custom made shop tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Used to have an old headliner bow bent up for hanging all my shop electrical cords. Got tired of that ****. Dug around in my misc metal scraps and cut offs found a bedframe corner with holes already in it, a piece of 1" square tube the right length and something for the end that I have no idea what it was originally for. No cutting or drilling just buzzed it together with my welder, and mounted it with some tek screws on the center support for the loft above my workbench. Also bought velcro loop cord ties from china freight to tie em up and keep em all seperated when stored

You must be registered for see images attach

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plastic pistons in the caliper or steel? The worst stuck caliper pistons I've seen were Fords with plastic pistons, when FoMoCo started using them in the 80s. Seen them lock up and turn a F350 rotor into several pieces. GM used them too, but thankfully not in our trucks. I used an old crusty 6" C clamp to push mine in. Takes a certain amount of effort, but they went in all the way. Not saying that you don't know what you're doing, just making a suggestion based on my experience in the parts house

Chrysler used those damn phenolic pistons as well. Dumbest idea ever. Whenever I come across these when I rebuild calipers I just buy the good bendix chromed steel pistons as replacements. They used em on damn near everything in the 80s. I'd pop em out with compressed air and a shop rag, and right in the trash can.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I built this for pushing any old torsion bar equipped chrysler passenger car in or out of my shop with either no engine or no transmission installed. This way the remaining component in the vehicle either the engine or transmission stays supported. The cross bar rests on the torsion bars. Since the picture was taken, I have added pvc pipe to the crossbar. I simply use large zip ties to hold it in place. I got the idea from a mopar circle track racer buddy of mine, and built a copy of his shown below in one pic. His has some U shaped tube welded in as perfect spacing for where his torsion bars are so it can rest on them. He uses hose clamps to secure it to the bars. Something similar to this would work great on K series GMT400s because they use torsion bars as well. You would have it easier as small block and big block chevy share the same bellhousing pattern. I have 2 of these. One for big block one for small block as Chryslers used 2 different bellhousing to block patterns.

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Company I work for was gonna take this big assed box fan to scrap because the motor bearings went out. They told me I could have it if I wanted it. My buddy had his truck at work that day, so we loaded it up and I owed him a lunch for bringing it by my house. $13 later for bearings and a new pulley off evilbay plus a lunch day with my friend, an easy peasy motor rebuild on a brushless AC motor and I was in business lol. There is a screen that goes on the box. I just didnt have it installed for the pic.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont toss that old bent steel rim. Hang a hose on it. I had this old bent 15x7 rallye kicking around the shop. Wife knew I had a penchant for making stuff, and asked me to make her a garden hose hanger. This is what she got LoL. She rolled her eyes when I unveiled it since its vehicle related, but did say it was creative. She bragged to her friends about it, so I am guessing it's a win.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got these nice plastic tubs with a pair of fast burn 64cc closed chamber 318 cylinder heads I ordered from rock auto for my sons hot rod 318 build. Figured it was cheaper and easier to buy remanned even with the $50 each core charge than to go break our ***** to pull a set from a ram van in the boneyard and then pay to get them reconditioned. I will put heavier springs in these along with typical port matching and bowl clean up, but what these came in is the best. I got these nice plastic shipping tubs they came in. Paperwork says I got till march to send back a set of heads. It doesnt say they have to be the same part number head, just a core. Should I send back the old open chamber 1974 smogger heads to get my $100 back? Or keep the tubs for storage? Btw if ordering stuff like cylinder heads from rock auto and it asks for a vin number and your using it on a non stock application or just dont have a "pet vin" you can use, just fill in all 17 digits with zeros and it will take it.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That 67 K frame needed the idler arm mount updated to 68-72 as it's a 1 year idler arm, and they are freaking expensive and wear out quickly. I made a jig that locates off the steering box, and built it off a 68 up K frame. Then i used it to add the 68-72 idler arm mount to the 67 K frame. This along with the V8 engine mount pad make it more desirable. Steering linkages line up perfectly. I used the engine mount jig as well that I showed in a previous post to make sure no warping occurs when I heated it up to weld it.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doesn't need much of an explanation!

Pretty awesome. Made something like that for Ford 8.8s for taking the pinion nut off and for torquing it back on. Also made a sprocket holder with 2 pins to hold Chrysler SOHC cam sprockets so I could remove the sprocket bolts, or install them without the engine wanting to turn.