Custom made shop tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not really a shop tool, but wife wanted a new planter and wanted something that was rustic looking. Neighbor tossed this metal chair with legs rotted thru on the bottom. I passed thru the alley, stopped short and grabbed it. GIad I was in my truck and saw it before the scrappers did. I cut em all even down to solid metal, and one of her pots fit right in perfectly. Heck I dont even need to paint it lol. I think we are going to put some creepy climby viney thing in the pot.

You must be registered for see images attach

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a shop tool, but I am a thinker. You know how theres always gear oil you try to get out of the bottom of the container. Annoying right. Well I was dealing with this with the pump top shamoo bottles. Always about 1" at the bottom you can never pump out, and make a godawful mess trying to pour it into the new bottle. I cut the old pump top and left just the threaded ring as a union to a new bottle. Tighten em both together with the union in the middle. This could be done easily for gear oil bottles as well.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not really a shop tool, but wife wanted a new planter and wanted something that was rustic looking. Neighbor tossed this metal chair with legs rotted thru on the bottom. I passed thru the alley, stopped short and grabbed it. GIad I was in my truck and saw it before the scrappers did. I cut em all even down to solid metal, and one of her pots fit right in perfectly. Heck I dont even need to paint it lol. I think we are going to put some creepy climby viney thing in the pot.

My cat would just absolutely love her new toilet!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Built this to hold pinion yoke when I rebuilt my rear end about 3 months ago. This allowed me to torque the pinion nut for tension on the crush sleeve elim kit.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got tired of unplugging my welder to run other electrical stuff like my chop saw or drill since that stuff is always being used along with my welder. Of course you can only run 1 thing at a time anyways. 25ft Heavy gage 3 conductor cord with 20A plug. I will be mounting this to my welding cart. Will permanently plug my welder into it, got 3 outlets available

Last edited:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This isnt a custom made shop tool, but it is a heck of a deal. Theres 10 of these at my local home depot. At the price they got em for, I am gonna get one. The drawers are super deep, have roller bearings, a butcher block top, and box is wider with deeper drawers than the mac box I have under my workbench now. Extras besides the mag wheels are it has a power strip built in, and USB port plug ins. Comes in red, black, silver, white, and navy blue. Super nice "taco wagon". As it is I currently have tools piled on top of tools in my current tool cabinet

Attachments

• 20210618_122548.jpg
    20210618_122548.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210618_122555.jpg
    20210618_122555.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: