Cross threaded spark plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worst starters I've ever installed were on Intercoursable 345/392 engines in school buses. The upper bolt is nearly impossible due to clearance problems with the frame rail. If there's a "special tool" for this, I don't know of it. If I did these more often, I'd invent the tool.

And, of course, those engines got the ignition timing checked by connecting the timing light to #8 instead of #1, which used to throw a lot of newbies.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worst set of plugs I ever did was my '99 Trans Am. I still remember that battle with #8.

I don't remember any terrible starter battles. Maybe I'm lucky. My LX470 the intake manifold has to come off to replace the starter. Brilliant. I haven't had to do it yet.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heres an ac delco(NGK) iridum, do not ever ever ever ever ever touch with a gapping tool or try to read its gap. 41-101 ac delco is the pn and they come at .060. your 4.3 has a plug that prob is like this but a diff number :)

You must be registered for see images attach

yours also set at .060 with a 41-993

Otherwise the rapidfire and the copper here can be gapped

There is a double platinum that can be touched apparently.

I wouldnt use it tho, I dont trust them, lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Damn laying on the burn for autolite today!
We sold AC, Champion, Autolite, and Motorcraft, had customers at the parts store that liked the different brands. I remember having plugs from all of them that occasionally came in damaged, had some with no threads on them. Parts warehouse people were notorious for dropping stuff too.