Claire the oversized 72

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Most of you know about my 72 (achhmm danny) ive decided to keep it the motor is going together nicely, just picked up a fullfloat rear and whole bent d44 that im just using the outers from. ive also located a set of 35 boggers, 37 parnelli jones or mickey thompson 38.5 between freinds so ill figure out who wants to get rid of what first lol.

motor specs so far are 96 2 bolt block

stock bore, dual valve relief pistons, 882 heads heavily ported and polished, ls9 springs and shims ill be reusing, comp cams 787-16 retainers, gotta measure for my pushrods, weind single plane intake i got for 35 bucks, 750 carb, 10.5:1 compression, double roller chain, 490/490 cam with 114 lsa. 1.6 roller tip rockers, fabricated aluminum covers, keeping with the stock v belt system for now.

trans is th350 pressure checked shift kit added and that about it, stock 205 behind that. i have 3.73 gears right now but swapping to 8 lug ill go with 4.10s. running electric fans, and fuel pump. most likely gonna end up fabbing my spare yukon gas tank in the back and reloacting the battery to the back. it has 9 inches of lift as of right now, all spring front and rear. not planning on going any higher until body work is done which is after drivetrain is finished and rust repair is done. ill hopefully end up cutting the front brackets and dropping them down a bit, doing drop hangers in rear and calling it good at 12 or so inches. also picked up a flat top knuckle so my friend can start boxing and doing crossover.

You must be registered for see images attach

and i finally have a truck that makes me look normal sized

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
That truck is awesome!!! I can't express there's not one thing I would change.

Adam

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
claire is the 72, stella is the yukon i name my vehicles............oh well it will eventually be repainted, blue is my least favorite color in the spectrum

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
im gonna do a dual build thread here i think my friends not forum friendly but im gonna add his truck in here too. so heres the other 72 i call it the harvester of sorrow mostly due to the color, anyways 72 3/4 ton, 44 front eaton ho72 rear with stock 4.56s, 350, sm465, 205. only thing weve done will be intake, rebuild carb, axle joint, and ball joints. were gonna take the lift off the parts truck and likely put it on there too.

Mdauch

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
how do you like those 882 heads and what did you have done to them.got a set from 75/76-80 wanna know if they're worth the time and money

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
they are truck heads, not uber awesome, some came with 2.02/1.6 valves which i have others came with the standart 1.94/1.5 valves. i gasket ported mine to match as well as did a decent polish job on them. i believe they are also 72 cc or 67 cant remember, for what im using them for they will do fine. just make sure they arent cracked. and id suggest valve seals on them as they stock ones werent all that great. one thing i dislike is that they arent factory serp heads but it was the 80s they didnt have serpentine yet. id say they are good if you have a good casting to start with, i had them laying around could do what i wanted to do to them cheap otherwise i was going with vortecs because my 416 werent worth it with machining costs and all that.

Mdauch

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah same here we have about 8 complete SBCs (293,305,327,350) laying around and was looking to get a nice set of heads to replace my crappy tbi ones and found these first. think i should keep digging? got 60,70s and 80s engines.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
sorry for the really alte response i didnt get a reminder for this, all in all it goes towards what you like, good old fuelies will dowonders, some 416s with enough mahcine work for some nice 8mm guides and ls1 valves will do good and so on so forth. im keeping my 882s for now eventually ill go aftermarket or vortec if i get bored and swap to a serp setup as well. as for now my port polish and valve job should be sufficient.

in other news i got exhaust, needs to be modded because it fit a t56 2wd lt1 car but overall cutouts delta 40s and 3" tubeing is worth way more than i paid for it.