Chipping a 95 Sierra 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FNC1A1

Reaction score
Ah ok i gotcha. Im kind of wondering if its even worth it to chip these things or not? Whats everyones opinion on this? Worth it or not?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I know you said burning your own isn't what you're looking for, but it's pretty easy.

The software is available free on the net and you only need some chips and a good burner.

This is really oversimplifying it but: then it's adjust your timing to where it works best and running a few logs to get you BLM's back in line (adding a wideband o2 is very useful)....Heck, there's even a couple guys on gearhead that post up their files in the library for you to start with....buyer beware on that though.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I have the jet stage 1 chip. To tell the truth I cant really feel an instant performance improvement. it does seem to shift better and higher rpms feel like they have more pull. I run a 195 t stat

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a FastChip and have for a while and really like it, big increase in power and no drop in MPG but no gain in either, much snappier, pulls much harder to redline and more power and torque through the band. I agree a custom would be much better, but the money I spent was worth it.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I have a FastChip and have for a while and really like it, big increase in power and no drop in MPG but no gain in either, much snappier, pulls much harder to redline and more power and torque through the band. I agree a custom would be much better, but the money I spent was worth it.

this, plus not EVERY truck will benefit, not EVERY truck will suffer. Mass produced are mass produced.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
the ones you buy online are ok for a very stock truck, for something built you need to get it custom tuned by someone, mines being a pain because my cam is on the borderline for the cam so my friend is in the process of datalogging the truck for me.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly, bolt ons are fine for a mail order one, but any cam, head, port work, definitely want custom or have all the issues like kingcat