Chipping a 95 Sierra 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FNC1A1

Reaction score
Hey guys, I want to chip my 95 sierra. Its got the 5.7L 350 TBI. Ive seen a couple around that have it done.
Ive been trying to figure out who makes the chip that will work and where can i get it? I think i even saw
a 95 sierra on here that was chipped but i forgot where i saw it. If one of you guys could point me in the right
direction for getting one of those chips that would be great.

Im not interested in burning my own, seeing as i have NO idea how to do that or even where to start on that.
Thanks!

FNC1A1

Reaction score
Thats pretty well what im looking for right there. Can i just toss that chip in or do i need a different tstat as well?

Also ive just stumbled upon the stage 2 chip from jet, they advertise up to 25+hp. Do these jet chips or any chip
make a difference on these older TBI trucks? Is it noticeable?

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do not use TBI chips. he will screw your stuff up like he did mine. find a good tuner local and have then do it for you.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is always fastchip too, talked to him about a chip for mine, can use stock t-stat and 87 if u wanted, all depends on what you wanna do and stay away from the Jet ones too

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Brian at TBIChips is a good guy. We Whipple'd a Hummer H1, and the chip supplied with the charger wasn't programmed for the 4L80E in the H1 (would throw itself right into limp mode when trying to go 1-2). He took the stock chip, He got it calibrated for the Charger, and adjusted the shift points to help with the massive weight, and now the damn thing runs amazing. I have heard quite a bit of bad stuff about him, but my personal experiences have gone very well, the guy definitely knows what he's doing.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Brian at TBIChips is a good guy. We Whipple'd a Hummer H1, and the chip supplied with the charger wasn't programmed for the 4L80E in the H1 (would throw itself right into limp mode when trying to go 1-2). He took the stock chip, He got it calibrated for the Charger, and adjusted the shift points to help with the massive weight, and now the damn thing runs amazing. I have heard quite a bit of bad stuff about him, but my personal experiences have gone very well, the guy definitely knows what he's doing.

The other thing is it can be hard to make a chip for a certain setup if its not there to try things out

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well seeing that he dident even use the right bcc code for my truck would be a good indicator on how bad he is. By running the wrong one he almost burnt up my brand new trans and he had my truck running so lean it almost burnt down my new vortec motor. Luckily the guy I had tuning it after Brian screwed me caught it with out even looking the logs. Brian also set the date sets close together so it would make the data look perfect even though I couldn't even drive the truck and told me it was a problem with my truck. I am also not the only one he had done this to. The tuner that did my truck has fixed many of Brian's f up's. head over to gear head-efi.com. There are some great people over there and probably someone near you that can get you set up.

FNC1A1

Reaction score
There is always fastchip too, talked to him about a chip for mine, can use stock t-stat and 87 if u wanted, all depends on what you wanna do and stay away from the Jet ones too

Ive seen the jet stage two chips around, im just curious whats wrong with them (I dont know anything about this stuff)

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the issue with the jet and fastchip are they are a one size fits all chip. tbi trucks dont do well with that. all those chips do is ad timing and a little fuel. a custom tune is the best thin on these trucks.