Chevrolet c1500 Radiator Drain Plug Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994chevycheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
In this video, we're going to be replacing the radiator drain plug on my 1994 Chevrolet c1500. For what it’s worth I have the 4.3L V6, but this part also works on the V8 model OBS trucks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In this video, we're going to be replacing the radiator drain plug on my 1994 Chevrolet c1500. For what it’s worth I have the 4.3L V6, but this part also works on the V8 model OBS trucks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Lol.....I've never seen a GMT400 with the radiator drain plug so open to access as yours. Any Vortec motor with more than two options results in the drain plug being so covered up with other parts that it's not worth messing with.

And the plastic drain plugs are born to break if you mess with them. The best way to stop a drain plug from leaking is DON'T TOUCH IT!

That's why god made lower radiator hoses.

And why on Green Earth are you pouring radiator sealant into the cooling system to begin with?