Cheapest stereo upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Back in the day in my Jeeps I ran the cheapest Jensen at wally world. It doubled as a theft deterrent system as well, the thieves saw that and laughed their happy ass to the next vehicle.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Back in the day I had a Jensen stolen out of my vw bug. They ejected the queen tape and left it on the seat. That was some good tail I was chasing that night. Funny what you remember.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Back in the day I had a Jensen stolen out of my vw bug. They ejected the queen tape and left it on the seat. That was some good tail I was chasing that night. Funny what you remember.

HA! Someone actually stole a Jensen? Man that must have been one desperate guy. At least they left the Queen tape, that was probably the more valuable piece of equipment. :lol:

Hope they didn't mess up your ride in the process.

Last edited:

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score

cuz nothing gets women in the mood like Bohemian Rhapsody does.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score

Sent from my Nintendo 64

Hahaha, don't ask me why or how I know, but there was a girl I knew growing up that liked to shag to Super Balls by ICP. Her favorite part? ..."Big toe in your butthole". I'll put it lightly when I say she had a foot fettish...
On the upside, she was a FREAK. She was up for anything!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Good head unit, cheap price? Pawn shops! Both my trucks have Alpine H/U's. I have a middle-of-the-road Alpine that's been in one for over 5 years. No issues. Paid $65.00 for it & it was sold new in the $300.00 range. Last one I bought was a 2 year old deck that originally retailed for over $500.00. I paid $100.00!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good head unit, cheap price? Pawn shops! Both my trucks have Alpine H/U's. I have a middle-of-the-road Alpine that's been in one for over 5 years. No issues. Paid $65.00 for it & it was sold new in the $300.00 range. Last one I bought was a 2 year old deck that originally retailed for over $500.00. I paid $100.00!

This is a really, really good idea. Just because it isn't brand new doesn't mean it's bad.

I've been trying to hunt down a used 90s Denon DCT-Z1 for years. Unfortunately everyone knows what they're worth and it's hard to justify spending between 1-2K on a used head unit.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score

Sent from my Nintendo 64

Lol. I think today if I was stealing a radio, I'd leave a queen tape behind too. And yes, they must have been hard up to steal a crap radio out of a bug. Fugging thieves.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I say look on ebay you can pick up a used cheap Alpine the more rca jacks in the back is better im using a amp just for my sub and im using my 4x6 speakers for highs.