Suggestions for Stereo Wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Click on my sig for build thread. Not much to see though, sorry. Didn’t take many pics of the rats nest. All my wires are laid out nicely, taped in place or thru sill channels, and fully hidden now that carpet is in. Cant even see anything in amp rack, lol.

But it was a cluster fork in the dash and floor, I was pulling out old stuff from previous installs, rerunning stuff, adding my power mirror wiring, etc etc and I have 8 ga running out every door for the 60lb solenoids so that was fun to work around.

You must be registered for see images attach

The one blue wire you see here is for a future idq12, spool is sitting under the seat for now but it was way easier to hookup the wire before mounting the amp.
Thank you for sharing with me!

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
No worries. Hope it was of some help. If you run speaker wire and don’t do it up the dorr sill channels, try to run rcas down left/drivers side of tunnel, on side not top, front speaker wires up the passenger side of tunnel.
because when you drop rcas they are gonna come out the drivers side of the dash so take advantage and make your work less.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Modern RCAs might have fixed the issue, but run them either in opposite sides of the vehicle as the main power wire or 4-6” away from it. RCAs pick up “noise” from power cables.

heskahoka

Reaction score

Jezus Christ...how old is that thing...it looks like a Commodore 64! :)

With that said...nice work!!

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
At least 35years old. :)

Got first one from my grand dad before he passed to use when I was an installer and had British cars. Some one stole it. Got the second from his garage along with any other useful electronic testing equipment after he passed 25 years ago. He got em from the BellSouth Meridian Toll office where he worked when They upgraded to autoranger flukes (yellows) probably 10-15 years before that. Think about Pops every time I use it.

I’ve had a newer auto ranging fluke meters and do not like them one bit. These vintage digital ones are frankly much much better, you can detect things out of spec or transient voltages (or ac on a dc line) since the range is manually set. And you don’t have to wait for reading or for it to find the range/setting.
I also have a really old Analog multimeter of his with the pouch and accessories from the toll office too, but dont really use it in daily life because the 8020b is the best one fluke ever made.

edit: I googled it and it’s almost as old as I am. 8020b was released in 1979…

Last edited: