Cheapest stereo upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
If you're not going to cash in for an Alpine, at least get a Kenwood.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
If you're not going to cash in for an Alpine, at least get a Kenwood.

Sent from my Nintendo 64
I was looking at some Kenwood units but I'm really trying to save for a lowering kit and paint + body work so I'll probably be picking up the pioneer without a CD drive Walmart sells for 40 bucks

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought my Alpine head unit from a member here I love the best money I spent now for you look on Ebay get one where you can control the bass and treble and sub one with three rca jacks in the would be great so you could add amps later but just alone Alpine puts out good power and sound good luck bud.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
My head hurts after reading that.......

^^^ :lol: Hahaha, I know what you mean. Not bashing on the poster... but man that could use a few periods, and a comma or 10.

On to the question: Alpine all the way. Save for it if you have to, best head units.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On to the question: Alpine all the way. Save for it if you have to, best head units.

"Best" is a very subjective term. I've owned many mid level decks from pretty much everyone over the years, (Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine) and to be honest they're all pretty much the same. If you buy based on brand alone, you're doing it wrong. Do some side by side comparison and figure out which one is easier to use for you and has the features you want. A $150 Alpine isn't going to sound any better than a $150 Pioneer or Kenwood.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A $150 Alpine isn't going to sound any better than a $150 Pioneer or Kenwood.

And 9 times out of ten, most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference from a $100 deck. Especially if you run them through a system.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
"Best" is a very subjective term. I've owned many mid level decks from pretty much everyone over the years, (Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine) and to be honest they're all pretty much the same. If you buy based on brand alone, you're doing it wrong. Do some side by side comparison and figure out which one is easier to use for you and has the features you want. A $150 Alpine isn't going to sound any better than a $150 Pioneer or Kenwood.
Eh, there's a reason why people have brand biased. I could have stated "IMO", but I figured that was a given. Most of us probably first chose GM , or Ford or whatever, because our fathers or grandfather's did. Just saying.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eh, there's a reason why people have brand biased. I could have stated "IMO", but I figured that was a given. Most of us probably first chose GM , or Ford or whatever, because our fathers or grandfather's did. Just saying.

I get that point of view, I still own both of my trucks because my parents bought them new and I couldn't stand to see them sold off. Rode home in both of them from the dealer. I've been a GM guy since birth. I don't go around saying they're "the best" trucks in the world though, regardless of what I may actually believe. :)