Carb swap... What do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey man how did you wire yours up? I’m going through the same thing right now and have the purple/white wire to the tach port of the distributor

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey man how did you wire yours up? I’m going through the same thing right now and have the purple/white wire to the tach port of the distributor
I didn't use the purple wire with the white stripe for the fuel pump.it tends to cut off when not warranted. I don't know what year yours is but this is for a 92 wiring diagram.

Hook the big red wire on the distributor to the red wire from the ignition. Then hook the green wire with the white stripe from the relay to the ignition wires as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Clip the red wire from the relay. This will keep the ecm from interfering with the fuel pump.

Then finally run the orange wire from the relay to the battery.

Leave the white wire and the black wire with the white stripe alone those are for the fuel pump fuse.

This will cause the fuel pump to come on with the key switch and it will keep running as long as it's turned.

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ECU is still there I just use it for the speedometer. You can pull all that wad of crap out of the harness and eliminate about half of the bulk of harness.

I unpinned all that fuel injection bullsh!t out of the harness as well.

Last edited:

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem. That fuel pump should work fine if you're running tbi heads and carb if you're still running those. I'm changing out mine for a TPI fuel pump since I already had it on hand.
Yeah it’s a big mess of wire. I’ll be trying to dress tand tuck them for the next few days. I really appreciate all your help.

Reaction score
I’m running a crate 350 rated at 330 Hp with a TH350.

It was left over from a Monte Carlo build I was doing before I bought a house, now I need a truck so I put in my 1990 sierra. It running pretty good after getting the fuel pump wiring right. I really appreciate the help. Now I just got to get it dial in and clean up the wiring harness