What shift linkage do I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's my situation and I haven't looked into this a ton, but maybe somebody knows something I don't about what I'm trying to do.

I've got a '92 rod style shift linkage column, and I have a 4L60e from a '99 cable shift truck that I want to use. The rods in the truck now appear to be custom made for the Dodge transmission in it at the moment, so I need to acquire some hardware. Can I score everything I need from the junkyard as long as I loot a rod style truck? Should I go for a custom kit like this?:

Is my transmission doomed to be a cable shift for some reason I'm not aware of? Thanks for any advice.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I swapped out the Getrag 85mm junk for a TH400, I grabbed a B&M Megashifter. I figured it was easier than finding whole column and linkage for an '88 here in Rottenchester, New Yuck.
O.P. I think Locar makes a cable shifter & bracket assy, mounted to the end of the column. Seeing as the '95+ are cable shifted anyway...