Headers interfering with transmission linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Analyst

Reaction score
Can you bend a new rod so it clearances over the header and then weld it to the original assembly? That's my initial idea.
I have thought about that. Because of the design of the linkage I would have to use that but extend it. I thought about going to the junkyard and buying a second linkage to see if I could make it work

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through that installing headers on my ElCamino. Had to bend the cross linkage to gain clearance. Welcome to the world of auto customization!

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a '94 c1500 ext cab. I put Hooker Competition headers (2462HKR) on Blueprint 350. The headers fit great except I would have to drill a hole through the header to get the mechanical trans linkage to hook up. The Lokar rod linkage will not work either. I don't won't a floor shifter. I am willing to switch to shorty headers, but that's $300 + out the window. Any ideas on cable linkage? BTW the headers would work prefectly on '95 and up with the factory cable linkage. Thanks

You should specify Exactly which BP motor part number.

Some BP motors do NOT have a GM block and some do NOT have GM heads.
All those ostensibly made by/for BP.
Perhaps failure to align properly is related to BP's "design team" ??
I'm not a fan of BP. I much prefer Genuine GM.